The Stepford Wives

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by MC82, Jul 3, 2004.

1. MC82

MC82 Procrastinator

Seattle, WA
    One word... TERRIBLE. I didnt like this movie at all. It isn't a chick flick or anything categorizable. I thought it was going to be a little scary but instead it looks like the director made it as sort of a comedy that had no plot. Sometimes I wonder if people never realize that a audience likes movie in which a plot exists, not half of a plot, but a full plot!

I hear that this movie had to be re-shot because there were some very badly done scenes, but I don't know how much worse they could have made the scenes =D. Don't watch it, save your money, don't even rent it!
  2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I mostly agree. The pacing of the film was absolutely awful at times, and chances are it's because of the cuts that were made. There are scenes in the trailer that didn't even make the final cut of the film.

Additionally, I thought that Broderick's character was more machine-like than Kidman's, and much of the plot made no sense whatsoever. There are also plenty of holes in the plot that are left with no explanation. This film had a pretty solid cast... it's just too bad that it was piece of junk.

2/5 OSNN Stars
  3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Doh, had wanted to see this one... Ah well Spiderman2 is out here soon.
    As it Walking Tall, which is prob. out on DVD in the US soon :p