The speed of NFS HP2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Doom, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Doom

Doom OSNN Senior Addict

I've just bought Need for speed hot persuit 2. The game loods fantastic but moves very jerkey. Does anyone know how to speed thing's up a bit? I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and have direct x 9. Chears

2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

try this

3. Doom

Doom OSNN Senior Addict

What does it do and how do I use it?

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

thats a fix for your nvidia driver.

5. Grymblayd

Grymblayd Guest

Also to add that the PC, XBOX and Gamecube versions of this game were done in 9 months as compared to the 20 months on the PS2.
    Many reported issues with these rush jobs. Handling delay of car in particular. The feeling of speed is also a known issue. Although the driver "fix" might help I think it best just to stick with Nvidia's latest full release. Of course you could always download a beta driver , see if you like it and then "roll back the driver".

I hope all turns out well. I am huge fan of NFS Porsche Unleashed
    which ran supremely and although I am loathe to admit it.....the PS2 console wins in the round up on this game.

Grym ( and polishing my Guillemot Force Feedback Wheel) blayd

6. vellox

vellox Guest

Try turning off EAX, as it can really bog the game down, especially with a Creative card.

7. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

check in the BIOS for something called "AGP Aperture" - set it to the maximum possible... I found it made d3d very jittery and jumpy - setting it to 256 (maximum on my mobo) fixed the problem fine :)