The Sims Deluxe Edition: Sound Problem

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Glaanieboy, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I have a sound problem with the Sims: Deluxe Edition. I installed the game as usual, tried starting it, and the game crashed as soon as it entered the neighbourhood. To make a long story short, I disabled the sound by using the -nosound switch and it worked. I updated my drivers (version 5.12.1.5017 is what I use now), reverted back from DirectX 9 to DirectX 8.1. Also I updated the Sims with the official patch.
    I looked around the internet, and I found that more people were having my kind of problems, but I did not find a solution.
    I did not install any thirdparty addons, only the game it self.

Specs:
    Soundblaster 4.1 digital using drivers version 5.12.1.5017
    DirectX 8.1

I already e-mailed EA support, see below:

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

3. Jewelzz

Found this over on their site:

4. Jewelzz

An updated post by the same person as above:
    Another follow up:
    Hope these help you, good luck!

5. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

YIPPIEEEEE! I can now play the Sims normally! *hugs Jewelzz and her daughter* I did sign up for the forums, but I couldn't find anything. Can't believe I missed it.
    I was already in an e-mail conversation with EA support (those guys are fast, I received a reply in 10 minutes!), I immediately send them an e-mail about this solution. I am waiting his answer right now.

6. Jewelzz

Heh, I did a search on "no sound". That was the 1st thing that came up. Glad it worked :happy:
    I had to sign up to get it as my daughter doesn't remember her user name and password lol