The road is full of too many Darwin award contenders

Nuadormrac

OSNN Sexual Deviant
Political Access
Just today, heading to the store on US Rt. 1, on a divided highway (in that area, 4 lanes, divided) in a 55 mph zone. The weather conditions are raining, and it's around 9 pm. This person comes up the road on the right (I'm at the green light) heading to the intersection, on a wet road, with traction diminished becaused), and without stoping or anything, goes right on red right in front of me. Slam on breaks, nope, about to crash into the idiot, where I have to veer over to the left lane. It's a good thing no one was in the left lane; but d**ned inconvenient for me, as I needed to turn right into the shopping center about 150-200 yards after the intersection he cut me off on.

So with no clue the accident he nearly caused (as if he/she would even care), I have to make not 1, but 2 U-turns at the following traffic light, and the previous (you can only make turns on special turn ramps on the highway there), just to get back to that intersection he cut me off on, to get to the store. Way out of my way, nearly having crashed into him (like people can stop that short on wet roads); just so he could right on red without stopping.

Idiots, I swear some people should not have liscenses at all...

Sucks.

I was behind someone on a expressway with there spare donut tire on which has a max speed of 80km/h and they had to be going at least 105km/h.

Some people...

How about driving in front of a woman who was busy trying to make her hair look pretty for god knows who.... at the same time her windows were down a bit and her sunroof was open.

Reminds me of this other person (though their deal was waiting until it wasn't safe). Back when I lived in a dif state, I was heading down Rt 90, which was in a 50 mph zone. This old lady waited while I was a very long distance back. It wasn't until I was almost on top of her, when she decided to turn right, directly in front of me. And in that case, there wasn't a second lane to go into; so the whole bit of having to slam on the breaks just hoping there would be enough breaking distance not to hit her. Now why she couldn't have gone the 2 mins before, and chose to only go when I was right there, dunno...

BTW, this gives a perfect example of some people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5PKXoiY0iw&feature=player_embedded

I have a good one for you, I was driving down a two lane high traffic road one night, I believe the speed limit is 40 - 50 mph. Anyways, as I'm driving a car is coming the opposite direction and there is a right handed cross street coming up. I realize at the last possible second that there is a car in front of me with no lights on or breaks that is half way in my lane and turning into the cross street. Needless to say I slammed on the breaks, and I had to make a last minute decision to either a) side swipe the car (I think it was an SUV) b) swerve to the right, potentially clipping the passenger side of the SUV or hitting a tree. c) swerve to the left and either clip the SUV or get in a head on with the car going the other direction.

Well, after fish tailing for a moment or two I decided to swerve to the left. Don't ask me why I decided on the potentially most fatal direction... it just worked out that way. I think I was trying to stay on the road and I thought in the back of my head that I'd be able to pull it off. Somehow... I was able too. In the middle of a minor slide I somehow managed to put my truck between the ass end of that SUV and the oncoming car and just go right between them.

Needless to say I was a bit shaken up by the whole thing, and instead of honking, pulling over, or displaying my rage I just kept driving and thinking four letter words to myself. I think I was just grateful to not of been in a collision.

My sister and brother in law ran into one of those, when comming from the air port once. My sister was driving her mother's car (which incidently had out of state plates), brother in law their jeep. Incidently my brother in law is a police deputy chief, though at the time he was still a seargant. Anyhow, this unmarked police van cut my brother in law off from the right hand side (shoulder of the road), nearly forcing him into an accident, then got on the bull horn and started yelling "you d***ed out of staters comming down here and breaking our laws, pull the f*** over"; while screaming his head off with every profanity he could think of.

OK, slight back story here, the speed limit on I-78 was technically 55 mph, but no one goes that. Practically everyone goes 65 mph, and the traffic is so heavy that

- any car that attempts to go the speed limit will likely get mowed over
- if the police tried to enforce 55 mph, they'd be out there all day, and never make a dent
- the police (of which my brother in law could attest) determined that 55 mph is unenforceable, due to the extreme severe traffic none of which will go that slow, and the risk to life for anyone to even try You're talking almost bumper to bumper (well relative to the amount of space people would have at that speed) Interstate traffic, with not much room to adjust speed to not go with the flow of traffic

My sister didn't pull over, but when we all arrived at her house, she was visable shaking, and my brother in law was still irrate about being nearly thrown into an accident. Seeing her get out, he demanded "what did that officer say to you?" At this point, he nearly lost it; and said "that does it. No one speaks to my wife that way, fellow officer or not".

He went in the house, got on the phone, and recognizing the town who the unmarked van belonged to, called up their PD, and was like "Hello, this is Seargant blah, blah, of the Summit, NJ police dept. We just had an incident with one of your officers...." He then proceded to describe how he was cut off from the shoulder of the Interstate, in extremely heavy interstate traffic, almost forced into another vehicle in his left lane, and all the things that were getting shouted at, incidently it was his own wife that was driving the out of state car, which belonged to his mother in law.

From what he said, he was told that there were numerious disciplinary complaints against the person who was driving that vehicle that given day, and "we'll take care of it".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back