The "pencil" trick!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been overclocking since the K6-2 series. So I am not too worried about overclocking and damaging equipement. Most of the time, if you overclock too much, you'll either get errors in windows, your computer will keep restarting, you won't be able to start it up, or your computer will shut down from overheating. But 99.9% of the time your computer specifically your hardware was not damaged. The only way it can get damaged is if you get too careless and crank up the voltage to parts and then overclock them to the max your board can or the max that they can, kill your thermal sensors and let the computer overheat until it burns out.

Not only are your numbers far fetched, your jackassery is showing... now I remember why I left this place when it was ntfs.org. This section isn't worth my time any longer.

uhhhh huh..... My numbers far fetched... What hole have you been living in? My prices are from Newegg.com, as well as my overclocks are 100% real. Maybe in your travels away from here you should check out HardOCP And the forums there and read about overclocking so you can see that my overclock isn't even as high as the processors can go usually.

But then again, that would take some thought and effort which I'm sure you have no intention of even performing either of those as you seem to not read into things before you post or comment about them.

And please, why are you even posting in the Overclocking forums if you feel overclocking is stupid? That just assinine. So maybe you shouldn't come back until you've grown up and learned something.

Here's hard proof on all of it: The first three links are to show the prices on the processors, and the last link is a link to a thread in the HardOCP forums showing people's overclocks
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-502&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-465&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-497&depa=0

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=859058
Oh and here's a thread that I just started to prove my point. By the end of the day there should be a bunch of posts with specs.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027198867#post1027198867

Firstly please hold while the flame detectors and extinguishers kick in.

secondly I dont really see the point of overclocking either, its not worth my time and no matter how well cooled your system is you are still slowly running down your CPUs lifespan. The more you overclock a system, I dont care how stable your power is, the more likely you are to introduce errors into your system, what may seem like a stable system from you sat in your chair in front of it could be something akin to ww2 in the trenches of your motherboard, cpu and the rest of your system.

Further more, both you and he are perfectly welcome to come and comment within this particular section of the forums regardless of your views towards the topic. Information from both sides of the fence always helps others to make a more informed decision on a specific issue.

The flaming stops now! If I see one more post that is flaming a member, there will be a ban

:withstupid:

Hrm, the CPU was made for a clock speed of 2.0 Ghz. It was tested for that, hrm, lets make it run faster than what it is known to be stable at. Wow, it works.

Several minutes later:

ûûûû, i did not say catch on fire. No windows don't give me an error, NOOOOOO, my DVD decode is bad, errors all over the place!

The CPU is designed and tested at a certain spec, overclocking is not getting more out of your money, it is just plain stupid. The higher clock speed will not do anything at all. Will cause a lot of operations to become unstable (Floating point math is affected the most).

And in the end your hardware is useless faster. Because it requires more energy, things are burned out faster. My 100 Mhz still works, from 1990, half the hardware that is built today does not last that long, and overclocking just helps speed the process of destroying it up.

this thread needs a mature outlook - and a bit of something called silence - enough said (locks on?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back