The Official WWDC 2005 Thread

X-Istence said:
It is h.264 off course.
Yeah, I figured. Still didn't work, although the h.264 Batman Begins trailer worked just fine. Must be a connection thing. Oh well...

its multi format ofcourse :)

there are various aurls in the initial .mov that you can see in notepad (easier on the eyes in notepad2) pull the h264 url out of that and pop it in quicktime7 and its like streaming a dvd (atleast it was for me and my 100mbit office connection)

LordOfLA said:
its multi format ofcourse :)

there are various aurls in the initial .mov that you can see in notepad (easier on the eyes in notepad2) pull the h264 url out of that and pop it in quicktime7 and its like streaming a dvd (atleast it was for me and my 100mbit office connection)

For everyone else as well. The qaulity is superb.

NetRyder: Keep trying, most of the akamai stuff is overloaded, as my video was choppy all the way through, stopping to buffer quite a few times.

X-Istence said:
NetRyder: Keep trying, most of the akamai stuff is overloaded, as my video was choppy all the way through, stopping to buffer quite a few times.
Video ran fine for me for like 10mins, it then paused and I stopped it as it was nothing interesting anyhoo. :p

Well if indeed people are going to be able to run OSX on a "beige box" perhaps we can pray it'll run on a AMD box? :D Or if not natively that someone with sanity will "hack" it so it shall.

Yeah, I hope so. I'll be building my Athlon64 box next year with the parts I got from Microsoft. Would be fun to have Tiger installed on one partition and test the LH betas on the other. Mmm...

X-Istence said:
Finally got it working. Looks like it was the connection. I'm on campus now, and it works nicely. :)

Ugh, I still haven't been able to watch it. Too busy today. I didn't even make it through the whole Coldplay album! :eek: :(

I was finally able to watch the webcast this morning. Rosetta is impressive -- I'm glad it's nothing like loading the classic environment!

From a consumer standpoint, I don't know how this switch can be a bad thing. I've got a G5 PowerPC processor and plan on having it for at least the next 3 years, but that won't be a problem because Intel-based Macs won't be migrated 100% for almost that amount of time. I probably wouldn't buy the first line of MacIntels anyway, so that puts me at about 4 years comfortably. Software companies will likely go far beyond that amount of time before phasing out PowerPC support, so I'll have universal binaries to take care of me. Then there's always Rosetta to fall back on.

Rosetta is for PowerMac binaries -> Intel binaries, not the other way around :p. At least, not for now it seems.

That's the impression I got as well, so re-reading the end of my last post doesn't make much sense. :eek:

Well I just watched the main video (stream from apple quicktime site) on QuickTime 7 Pro on my Mac Mini. It didn't buffer once! :eek:. I liked how the demo machine was Intel and they didn't know till half way through, that was funny and also them taking the **** out of Microsoft.

That Microsoft speech girl did not wear the right dress or whatever either was like well to bright no offence, interesting video though I like the sound of itunes and podcast.

Last edited:
That Microsoft spokesperson wasn't good in general. :mad: :down:

Why? Bill usually gives really good presentations. I must admit though, the MacBU representative is a bit... odd, and when Balmer takes the stage, I just cringe.

SPeedY_B said:
Why? Bill usually gives really good presentations. I must admit though, the MacBU representative is a bit... odd, and when Balmer takes the stage, I just cringe.

"Developers, Developers, Developers"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back