The Official WinHEC 2005 Thread

Re: WinHEC 2005 (Apr 25-27, 2005)

Nice wrap up stuff NetRyder... now give me all the stuff!

That sucks that they just danced around the IE7 issue. Makes ya wonder if they are even comfortable with it. Or that they are soooo far behind in any actual working model of it.

Really outstanding coverage NetRyder. :)

Damn... sooooooooo tempted ta push da rep button... Must resist... Must spread the luuuuuuuuuv. :p

Aaaaaaaa screw it! :rolleyes:

Heh, it was kinda weird walking around the airport with a silver briefcase in my hand. :p

Also got a couple of T-shirts (two of which are size XL...damn it) and an AMD cap. Just before we left the Press Room last evening, Ryan and I also got the big "Raising the Speed Limit" posters that they were taking down. It's now on the wall in my room. :D

NetRyder said:
Heh, it was kinda weird walking around the airport with a silver briefcase in my hand. :p

Also got a couple of T-shirts (two of which are size XL...damn it) and an AMD cap. Just before we left the Press Room last evening, Ryan and I also got the big "Raising the Speed Limit" posters that they were taking down. It's now on the wall in my room. :D

Damn! can't give rep points! :eek:

Ya shoulda got the "Speed Limit x64" sign that was outside on the light pole. :p

Hey I'll take the t-shirt, it fits me. :rolleyes: :nervous:

gonaads said:
That sucks that they just danced around the IE7 issue. Makes ya wonder if they are even comfortable with it. Or that they are soooo far behind in any actual working model of it.
Yeah, I don't know what was up with that. It was a waste of everyone's time. :ermm:

Really outstanding coverage NetRyder. :)
Damn... sooooooooo tempted ta push da rep button... Must resist... Must spread the luuuuuuuuuv. :p
Heh, thanks man. :)

gonaads said:
Ya shoulda got the "Speed Limit x64" sign that was outside on the light pole. :p
We were actually looking for them, but they were all taken down after that street marketing campaign on the first day.

I am both glad you made it back and had a game, too good a time, might have to go next time :D

gonaads said:
And hurry up and find a damn scanner. :p
;)

amd_ferrari.jpg

Zoom Zoom! Did she give ya the traditional kiss for winning the imaginary race?

Oh wait... imaginary race, imaginary kiss. :p

That jacket don't fit you rite man. *runs*

Was LH 5060 used as the overhead display version at WinHEC. Is so then why didn't they give you guys (NetRyder) the 5060's to take home instead of the 5048 versions.

Yeah, the builds we saw during the keynote demos were 5059 and 5060.

Being the Windows Hardware Engineering Conference, the primary purpose of the build given out to attendees was to start off driver development for hardware. It would have been cool to receive 5060, but for the intended purpose, it wasn't necessary. Maybe the later builds weren't tested thoroughly enough, and they wanted to give out something that was relatively more stable.

In any case, Beta 1 is just about a month and a half away. :)

One month! Thats exciting. One always speculates, and thats about all we can do. I'm sure there were lots of rumors and speculation regarding the builds at WinHEC. With so many recent lawsuits hanging in the air with MS and the LH program I wonder if 5059/5060 contained some of the components such as Alacritech's Chimney networking. One would think that Chimney was integrated into those builds since it was just two weeks prior to WinHEC they filed suit. One month! Yea, it really doesn't matter.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. Just don't expect too much. Those who were disappointed by 5048 were the ones who were expecting something mindblowing. 5048 was just an alpha build...it's sole purpose was to be a platform for driver development.

Beta 2 is the time the end-user features will really take shape. :)

triangle said:
Hello,

if you wish to get some info about winfs filesystem you can take a look at this source: http://www.ntfs.com/ That might answer your questions.

This can't be who I think it is, could it?

ha, i did wonder for a split second :)

spammer!

Almost had ta pull out the hard drugs ta calm me down. :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back