The New Game (spy) Nazis

D

davidtb

It might be me but, have you been to Game Spy lately?

they want you to log in (I can't get get a file without logging in)

they make you wait if you don't pay them.
C'mon there's not that many people looking for the kinda files I want.
Friends of mine have caved in, and paid them and they still get lousey service.

I think it sucks and it undermines the freedom of the Internet to "leech to thine fill" .

(tho the above sort of logic has probably done in more site than can be counted)

It still Sucks tho

My 2¢

db.

I thought Gamespy had been doing this for a while now?....i suppose storage of alot of files costs someone money?.

If you look hard enough you can generally find the files you require on other "free"servers.

Yeah, that was their plan back in the day when the internet started to roll out. Make everything free until they get enough people hooked then start charging. Imagine the $$ they could make!

anything on gamespy can be found in many sites such as file-mirrors.or go to official sites that released what you want.
not only gamespy who asks for money even gamespot.

gamespy is still free for me - it's called 'waiting'! :p

i will cue up several files at once, then go watch tv or something. i'm not going to pay for d/l stuff.

All these sites are starting to get greedy! Pay for Gamespot :( Whaaaat NAHHH! CHILL!:p

It seems to be a trend i used to use DigiGuide for checking what was on tv had a profile setup for a long time then yesterday when i logged in i was told to access my profile i got to pay !a subscription or just view the most basic channles....now i don't go there and have found another free site.

My account info is the same for Gamespy Arcade (registered), Fileplanet, and any of the forumplanet forums (ie CS) - very very organised imho.

Obviously they have to find some way of paying for all the bandwidth they must be using.

There are always other alternatives... 3dgamers is very good for example.

Yes, 3Dgamers is one of the best sites for downloading.. I use it as much as possible to avoid waiting.. in conjunction with a download agent like Flashget my d/l times have been reduced in a big way.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back