the new AMD thoroughbred core

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sazar, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    to read indepth details about the core, details about the manufactuer, cooling, overclocking et al... AND performance graphs... check out this site...

this is the direct link to the AMD 2200xp thoroughbred :)

enjoy lads... I am a BIG fan of AMD for what they have done and hope this is insightful for those who are interested in this kinda stuff...

2. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

* bytes put sazaar in a bullet proof booth and then erects barriers and call in reinforcements for the expected riots *
  3. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

1, 2, 3, 4 LETS START A FLAME WAR
    PS...GOOOO AMD!!!!!! hehehe
  4. Anyone remember that commercial where this guy gets this bloated system only to see a billboard with a higher end model of it as he's going home?

I ordered an Athlon XP 2100+ and I GET THIS NEWS!!!

haha that's some funny stuff.
  5. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

i noticed it doesn't......i thought it would
    shouldn't it?
    wat went wrong ? :mad:
    but for the reveiws
    they should put up the top of the line processors from each competitor and test them out
    cuz its the latest n greatest
    rite? :p
    but...we'll c wat happens....
    got 2 pentiums myself
    buh gonna go for amd's started to like em :D
    hopefully they become cooler too
  6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

They're probably overclocked already from AMD close to their max. That's probably why they're harder.
  7. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

My 1800+ is at 1725mhz,,, With no errors on Prime95,,, and I'm still going up... One more mhz FSB and I'm at 2100+ levels...

They can keep the Thoughrobred for awhile...

Just wanted to brag :D...
  8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Montreal, Quebec

Hey guys how can you overclock the xp athlon easly do u need a bigger fan or what? and where do u think i can get a subzero cooling system so i can keep it at high speeds and about how much does it cost?:confused:
  9. zoey

zoey Guest

I'm a pent fan for now, since I have had no problems wiyh them. So what I read was a 2200xp is actually 1800ghz? Why don't they name them according to their ghz?
  10. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

i wanna c a tests like that
    xp2200 vs. p4 2.2ghz
  11. zoey

zoey Guest

that was my point. is there some kind of easy math to ifgure out the Ghz or does it vary. Pent makes it easy to talk about. With Pent 1600=1.6Ghz. If someone told me they have a 1600xp I assume they mean the same, because it's always been that way.I think they are falling behind so they uped the model # so it did'nt look so bad? I'm not trying to be an ass, just trying to see how this system helps the buyers out?
  12. zoey

zoey Guest

ok, thanks
  13. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

14. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

The easiest way is to go to Newegg or someplace similar and look up the processor...

IF you talking about OC speed then it's simply Multiplier*FSB=Clock speed... Example... A 266mhz Athlon Really runs at 133mhz... Multiply that by 11.5 and you get 1.53g,,, A XP1800+...

Overclocked... 11.5*151fsb= 1737mhz

For cooling forget subzero... It way to much hassle... The board and CPU has to be prepped correctly or it STOPS working... Trust me :D... Watercooling is the way to go... Now I'm thinking of running a peltier with a way to turn down the wattage...
  15. zoey

zoey Guest

you're reading way more into it!, but thanks.