The neighbor from hell thread

Actually, this time it wasn't even flushing the toilet after going to the bathroom. He just came home that way, is about all :eek:

Meh, another morning of this joker. And he started out worse then ever. Got up, and just left the bath tub and sink both running without using. Payed him no heed, and he started pounding on the wall, so hard this time it sounded like he might have put a holl in his side of it. Dunno, and don't care. If he damages his place (appt complex property), it'll be his dime whenever they have to fix the place up to prepare it for the next residents.

He finally left. Don't know what eventualities he might bring with him, whenever this joker returns home...

If he so much as irritates a hair on ya,

Make his life a living hell. He will break (I havn't called the oddsmakers, but it seems a good bet, however you would know better)

:cry: Make him cry.

Have you tried contacting the authorities Son Goku and saying that you suspect that your neighbour is suffering from mental health breakdown issues and cite the disturbances of him banging on the wall etc.

That could be interesting to watch :)

Dublex said:
Have you tried contacting the authorities Son Goku and saying that you suspect that your neighbour is suffering from mental health breakdown issues and cite the disturbances of him banging on the wall etc.

That could be interesting to watch :)

I concur Dub... good idea. A bit mean if he's perfectly sane, ... but an excellent idea nonetheless.

Not thus far, but I have contacted the land lords before and told him that he appears to be flipping out, and that what I'm hearing from his apt seems in no way normal. Heck the day I said this, I was walking bye, and rather then hearing it from my apartment, I was hearing it from out in front of the building.

Keep in mind that our respective apartments are on the second story, and there is a bit of a porch, as well as a small patch of grass and shrubery seperating the apartments fromt he sidewalk where i was standing.

I think also (this morning as example), that paying him no heed seems to send him in a bigger tiff then ever. I still can't believe though, that just flushing a toilet after going to the bathroom can set him off. He can also wake up that way, come home that way, generally be that way. Meh, he's not really worth it. If he utterly snaps, he'll likely be gone. Just imagine, he acts that way around the land lords... If he doesn't catch his composure in their company and they don't appreciate it...

Edit: Check this out, I had to take a p**s and just flushed the toilet. So, he's back to running the water again...

Last edited:
:laugh: Psycho is back to his routine with door slamming, water waste, and pounding.

Oh, and the thing also about that side of things:

- Albuquerque is under certain water conservation laws, due to a drought we have had out here for about a decade.

http://www.cabq.gov/waterconservation/comply.html

Some estimates have also suggested the auquafier which supplies water to the city will run out in 20 years, as they also determined there's a lot less water in the ground then was once thought. They're also trying to work out other methods to augment the cities water supply, such as pulling from the Rio Grande, and also building a resovoir, but such projects also take time.

Unfortunately however, each unit doesn't get it's own water service, but the apt complex in general. The result of this also

- There are no water meters on individual units. If someone wastes it, and drives the water bill up, or gets the place fined, then the total bill is divided among all residents regardless of who was wasting it. Someone wastes, and everyone pays.

It's divided by both sq footage in the given apartments (half of the bill one gets), and number of residents in a unit (the other half). Reason for this was that initially water was handled by the land lords along with trash removal, and included in the rent.

Over a year ago they cited increasing costs as reason to start charging people for water service, but because they weren't setup to measure the usage of every unit, there's only 1 meter for the whole place, and everyone has to pay based on everyone elses usage, along with their own.

OK, enough of that mofo. He blasted his stereo so loud that it could be heard down to the sidewalk again. I just called the cops on him... I first went down to the landlords office, but it's closed.

Bleh, more news from the romper room, called the apt next door. :down:

So last night, he blasted his stereo again at 12:20 am, so loud in fact that standing at the bottom of the stairs outside (and with his front door shut) the song (including the words to it) that he was playing could be distinctly heard. This continued until 12:55 am. I called security, though I don't know if they ever arrived. At least I hadn't seen them.

So this afternoon he was like all flipping out over, God only knows what. And then this evening after I took a shower, he continually sat there at the bathroom sink turning the water on and off continually, until some time after it was done. I could hear him doing this, after I was done in the shower, and turned the water for it off. He interspersed this with slamming cabinet doors and pounding on the wall all for one taking a shower. Mind you, he runs his shower, at higher water pressure like 6 times a day, for a longer period of time, and yet in his mind that's different, or I don't even want to know what.

So, the shower long done, he's been, for more then an hour pounding on the walls and slamming the door :eek: Ya know, I hope one of these days a psychiatrist moves into the apt complex next to him (on another side) or something. Perhaps the doctor will give him his card, or something :D

He should be evicted. End of story.

I suggest recording (audio) this stuff when it happens. Give the recording to management and sue them if they don't do something about it. ;)

My neighbor is 10x less irritating than yours, but still, massive bass waking me up at 2am is something I'm not putting up with anymore. I've contacted management for the first time about this. Hopefully something good will come of it.

Son Goku said:
Bleh, more news from the romper room, called the apt next door. :down:

So last night, he blasted his stereo again at 12:20 am, so loud in fact that standing at the bottom of the stairs outside (and with his front door shut) the song (including the words to it) that he was playing could be distinctly heard. This continued until 12:55 am. I called security, though I don't know if they ever arrived. At least I hadn't seen them.

So this afternoon he was like all flipping out over, God only knows what. And then this evening after I took a shower, he continually sat there at the bathroom sink turning the water on and off continually, until some time after it was done. I could hear him doing this, after I was done in the shower, and turned the water for it off. He interspersed this with slamming cabinet doors and pounding on the wall all for one taking a shower. Mind you, he runs his shower, at higher water pressure like 6 times a day, for a longer period of time, and yet in his mind that's different, or I don't even want to know what.

So, the shower long done, he's been, for more then an hour pounding on the walls and slamming the door :eek: Ya know, I hope one of these days a psychiatrist moves into the apt complex next to him (on another side) or something. Perhaps the doctor will give him his card, or something :D

I dont know if I mentioned this before... but every city or municipality has noise ordinances... find out the DB levels and what the requirements are for the law... then when hes being an A$$, call the cops, and tell them you want them to come out and verify it...

Also, if you are friends with your other neighbors, ask them what their thoughts are... if you all gang up on him, the apt complex and the police are more prone to take action (legal if neccessary)... Also, if he continues, even after the threats etc.. and he DOES eventually get evicted.. you may be entitled to a civil case, for harrasement and such, many attorneys will take your case on Probono (sp?) because if they know they can win, will ask for a portion of the monies... EVEN THOUGH, you may never see a dime, it is worth it if you can do this, because if he doesnt pay it will also affetc his ability to hold a drivers Liscense (in some states FL is one), and his credit rating.....

Make his life a living hell in every way legal...

You have my sympathies. I swore years ago I would never live in an apartment for those very reasons: the last duplex we lived in, the yahoo next door would come home at 2 a.m. and chop firewood on his fireplace, which was on the adjoining wall to our unit. Then he'd wash his car, which made the pipes scream right under our bedroom. A very strong case for justifyable homicide if you ask me.

My suggestion is that you make a video record of the shenanigans of this void-surrounded-by-sphincter-muscle, including the pounding, water running and loud music. If not that, then get somebody from management to witness first-hand his morning "routine" from your perspective.

By the way, does he have neighbors on the other side of him? If so, do they have the same problem?

There are people who live under him, in which I've noticed various nights they've chosen not to be home...

Recording could present a bit of a problem though, as I don't have the equipment, and as a currently poor college student who's now trying to work out the financial future, it isn't exactly something I could buy easily. Perhaps something could be rigged up with my computer, but the microphone I current have isn't that good. Not sure the range on the thing, and it's wired so I couldn't get it up next to his wall.

The other week when I did call the cops on him, the idiot was even turning it up some prior to them comming out. That time he did get a pounding on his door, and they would have heard it then. He also wasn't all to thrilled, because after they left, the imbacile pounded all the harder and started slamming doors again, though the stereo was kept down for 2 weeks.

If they wont come out, then goto your local police station and file a written report, do that as many times as it takes for them to realize this guy is a loon, and needs to be watched closely. Get your neighbors to do the same. It wont take long to get rid of the A$$hole...

Bleh, forget the landlords then, next time it's call the cops straight out.

He had them give me a notice after he received one, and for what? Flushing the toilet? Or was it that cars drove by on the street outside, and he had to flip out because he could hear a car go by? Give me a fricken break. So they went and told me they weren't going to have any back and forth, but what back and forth. He blasted his stereo, I called security on him. I went to the bathroom (a rather normal thing to do) and flushed the turd down the thing, and he flips out and starts slamming doors, pounding on the wall, and everything else. How the h*ll can they think that I have any part of this for simply flushing the toilet, going to the john, or where my TV is so quite that it can't be heard outside whatsoever and neighbors are complaining, but... Oh, I suppose now in his twisted little mind, going to the bathroom is somehow a "means" of trying to get even with him for blasting his stereo or something. Come the frick on, going to the bathroom at times is a natural part of human biology :down:

If it wasn't bad enough having to put up with his little psycho routines, bleh... I ended up down to class today (first day this semester) late, while going down to discuss this whole matter with him. The injustice of such an implication after all the crap he's pulled for a year, is rather too much...

Son Goku said:
Bleh, forget the landlords then, next time it's call the cops straight out.
If it wasn't bad enough having to put up with his little psycho routines, bleh... I ended up down to class today (first day this semester) late, while going down to discuss this whole matter with him. The injustice of such an implication after all the crap he's pulled for a year, is rather too much...

I wouldnt discuss anything with him, like it has been mentioned before, it does sound like the guy has a problem...

Bi-polar or just plain Psycho... talking to him could just enrage him and the next thing you know you are the victim in the news...

just get the cops involved file a written complaint and have them come do DB level readings when hes blasting his music, etc...

I agree with mlakrid. At this point it doesn't look like communication is working, plus it probably fuels even more dissent.

It sounds as though the cops either aren't aware that the problems aren't this serious or that they won't move until there is enough evidence against the neigbour to do anything.

I would definitely try to enlist help from the people in the flat below, as two seperate groups of people complaining to the landlords / cops is better than one (as then it doesn't look like petty arguement stuff).

In terms of recording what is going on, could you rent a tape recorder or borrow a tape recorder from somewhere? as that way you could record the noise without too much expense hopefully.

Yeah, I haven't discussed anything with him. It was the landlords, and that after I make a complaint about his blasting the stereo so loud at 12:20 am that it could be heard outside the front door and down the stairs quite distinctly; should result in my getting a counter notice from flushing the toilet or something was just too much.

As if living with this isn't bad enough, the false acqusations and counter charges for normal living, and then the suggestion that if this continues we could both get evicted because of him :eek: That was just too much when I first heard it. :eek:

Oh, today after I came home, he was wall pounding again when I was just talking on the phone with my mother, and also mentioned the higher dentist bill (just came back) and she told me about what happened to their investment. I hope I can find something meaningful, though I'm as of yet 1 reference shy for applying... Actually the dentist knows someone who might be looking for help in the given field I graduated under, so we'll see...

Apperently, I have 2 caveties, and my lower wisdom teeth are rotting away now. On the one side, it's badly impacted and lieing sideways and all, so would have to be surgically removed. They want a followup and to have me see the dentist (just saw the oral hygenist today), but I told them that until I get some employment secured, with my finances what they are, I just don't know...

Oh, and he just pounded on the wall again, and everything is off, shy my computer, and my sitting here and typing at the keyboard. I guess the keyboard disturbs him too :eek:

you know.... 50 bucks... i will take care of him.... Humans can breath underwater tied to a sack of rocks right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back