The legacy project

X-istence: of course we will do be backups like mad when we even touch either of the databases :)

Electronic Punk said:
Xie: I couldn't find that username, can you double check (xie didn't exist either !!)

I urge anyone who wants to have their data restored to check the members list and make sure their username is the same.
Hmm... I just double checked what I had written down and it was "XP'd" on NTFS untill I had it changed to Xie (shortly after become active) by Jewelzz I think it was. Also would "Xie" and "xie" be the same? Link to the old forum now gives a msg about the license so I can't double check the member list either :confused:

If you want to keep your old posts, but have changed your identity and do not want people to know who it is (or something) you can private message me and your new identity will not be revealed by me.

ps

Bruce Wayne is Batman!

Xie: I will re-enable the legacy forums (just don't wanna get in trouble :))

Electronic Punk said:
Xie: I will re-enable the legacy forums (just don't wanna get in trouble :))
The mighty EP fears trouble :confused: :eek:

The forums will be off tomorrow.

I have the import script but I have alot of work to do to import the users.
I have to manually reassign userids...which is nice.

Keep in mind that if your new/current username is not identical to the one on the old legacy database that user will not be assigned to your new one (ie merged) that old user will be removed. Perminantly. (exceptions from the other thread noted)

I were known as Ant -|- One (2 spaces, if I remember well, were they allowed at this time ?) XP-erience/Ntfs wise, the db wreckage was the perfect opportunity for me to change my nickname for a more suitable one: Howling Wolf

Thank you in advance Electronic Punk for performing the right tweaks, and thank you again (and anyone else who was involved) for making this recovery possible ! Wonderfull ! :D ;)

Ok, I am going to compile a list (for my ease) of which forum members will be carried over from legacy. I will try and post it before I go out tonight!!

All day? What the hell am i gonna do!!!111 :) :p

Might not be all day now.
Basically what is going to take the time is that stage 002 of the import is going to list all the users and I have to find the users of these forums and enter in their new userid.

Gonna be fun, gonna minimise the time taken to do this tho, by comparing the 2 user tables and outputting, username and userid so will only have to go thru about 250 pages.

Jewelzz: not much you can really do, only one person can do the process. I'll have a think tho :)

Khayman: he was banned for being a tit.

Howling Wolf: where you known as something else before that? (i seem to remember!!)

Before Ant -|- One ? I think I used this nickname before we moved to Ntfs.org, I PM you what might have been the one before the one before the present one, thank you for your hard work ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back