The EMM command in dos..

T

Toybear

Okay.. if you edit c:\windows\system32\config.nt it basically tells you it replaced config.sys and it has a part that says
"You can use the EMM command to configure your <Expanded Memory Manager>".. Seeing that they removed the emm386 command. How do I use this EMM command in config.nt? (I trying to make it so I can play dos games.. I know I need this)

ToyBear

Ya know what..

Ya know what.. nevermind.. I think I am just going to uninstall and go back to 98SE. The reason being that I look at this message board and many other boards as well as my problems myself and XP is just too friggin buggy. Maybe when Microsoft works things out I will reinstall it ^^.

would the Help and Support interface on WIN XP help you out..i was poking around in there...gave alot of good data on command line functionality in win xp...including a complete breakdown of supported dos commands..all alphabetized for you... just go to START>HELP&SUPPORT and then do an index search for command line options..

also.. it may work, it may not... using the Program Compatibility Wizard... good for troubleshooting and evaluating how programs that ran on older operating systems will run or not on Win XP. you should be able to find this under START>PROGRAM>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS i think... all i know is that i moved it from the menu to my desktop...so im not exactly sure of it's original location..but the icon looks like a white question mark within a pale-blue circle icon...

anyway..its worth a shot...

good luck.

~n:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back