The election so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unwonted,

I'll bet that you are upstairs playing Kenny Rogers, full blast stereo phonic. And jumping up and down, wearing a party hat. LOL :D ..........alright, I'll bring some non-caffein, root beer up and we can watch the rest of the states turn red. It will be a blast!!!

Well its a nail biter LOLOL

Have to admiit you people kno whow to make an election dramatic !!

SpaceCasey said:
Unwonted,

I'll bet that you are upstairs playing Kenny Rogers, full blast stereo phonic. And jumping up and down, wearing a party hat. LOL :D ..........alright, I'll bring some non-caffein, root beer up and we can watch the rest of the states turn red. It will be a blast!!!
Damn, Unwonted...you didn't invite ME!?! :D

yup... looks like 4 more years of the "same"

kerry needs a miracle a la the bo'sox to win now... ohio might take up to 10 days to get all provisional votes counted...

btw... it looks like mc Cain is not gonna be president :(

im guessing this is just a game for bush he just wants to win again and make wars

If it goes the way it looks I guess we get what we deserve. I just hope all those voting for Bush learn there lesson by the next election and there is a US left for the next President.

they won't...there was lesson enough in this administrations record of performance.

they voted party regardless

Kerry gave in , he has called President bush to conced .. Four more years, I am very happy for the turn out ... There is talk about a law suit in Ohio but I don't think that will happen. There is to much of a margin ...

Now in 2008 when Hillary Clinton runs we can go through this all again ..

It's funny that people think that if Kerry won, the world will be a better place to live, babies will smile, the sun will be brighter, the birds will sing, and everything will be alright. tsk tsk.

EDIT: grammar mistakes, and I must have been drunk

It is official - BUSH has won. He just got Nevada ...
  • Bush - 274
    Kerry - 242
I will not blast Kerry, and I will not spout. I will only say that the American people have spoken and they made the right decision. They chose the right man for the job ... I am proud to see the number of people who turned out for this election. It was the largest turn out in US history ...

I am especially happy to see that the Replublic party will control the House and Senate as well. This is the first we had a Republican President with Republicans control both the house and senate since 1900 ..

vern said:
It's funny that people thank that if Kerry won, the world will be a better place to live, the babies will smile, the sun will be bright, the birds will sing, and everything will be alright. tsk tsk.

I'd rather have seen Kerry win for the simple fact that GWB + his administration would be out. They're still in though... everyone buckle up, it's about to get even bumpier.

Kr0m said:
I'd rather have seen Kerry win for the simple fact that GWB + his administration would be out. They're still in though... everyone buckle up, it's about to get even bumpier.

Exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of people think that there will be radical changes (for the better) if Kerry did win. Would the ride be any smoother with Kerry?

Johnny said:
It is official - BUSH has won. He just got Nevada ...
Thank god it's over. Now perhaps we'll have some proper news on the news!:) Been banging on about this for weeks now, I swear they cover the american elections more over here then they do ours! But then again nobody in the UK cares too much about British politics!:p

I never thought I'd wake up on Nov. 3rd and see Bush still in office. I'm shocked to see that Bush did better this election than he did the last election with a large win in the popular vote, compared to losing it in the last election. I'm even more shocked to see that all the Exit polls leaked to the media all said that Kerry was going to walk away with the presidency to have it all debunked when the votes mattered. Also the Republicans have gained even more strength in the House and in the Senate to give them more power. I'd have to say the thing that I most excited about is the fact that Tom Daschle lost his election bid in South Dakota and hopefully we will never have to see his face again.

I'm very shocked about what transpired in the past 24-30 hours and I can't believe Kerry's very weak performance. This was an election that should have been an easy win for the Democrats but they built up the wrong guy and put up a weak candidate.

The best quote I've heard today is "Strong and Wrong will beat Weak and Right"

I don't think Bush is wrong and I don't think Kerry is right but had Kerry acted and been perceived as stronger he might have had a chance...kind of looked like a wet noodle through this whole campaign

Tuffgong4 said:
I don't think Bush is wrong and I don't think Kerry is right but had Kerry acted and been perceived as stronger he might have had a chance...kind of looked like a wet noodle through this whole campaign
My dislike for Kerry is no surprise to anyone here, but I'll give credit where it's due, he did gain a little, tiny, minute :rolleyes: piece of my respect with the way he handled the concession. Very well done. I do believe that if the Dems put up a less controversial candidate they could have taken the Election.

thanks ohio and nevada for choosing the worst candidate in the world! seriously. eff this yo, i want kerry . lol

The following statistics say it all, IMO.

Democrats cast their votes for:

Kerry: 89%
Bush: 11%
Nader: 0%

Republicans cast their votes for:

Bush: 93%
Kerry: 6%
Nader: 0%

Some people complain about the old voting by party lines stuff. Well, the Democrats can only blame themselves. Nader didn't hurt them... they hurt themselves. There is a 5% larger difference between the number of Democrats that voted outside their party. This shows to me that even Democrats found Kerry to be a weak choice for the Democratic party.

Hopefully in 2008 the Democrats put up a stronger and worthy candidate. I am hoping that McCain will run again in 2008 as a Republican or Independent.

rotjong

ThePatriot said:
My dislike for Kerry is no surprise to anyone here, but I'll give credit where it's due, he did gain a little, tiny, minute :rolleyes: piece of my respect with the way he handled the concession. Very well done. I do believe that if the Dems put up a less controversial candidate they could have taken the Election.

The only problem was too little too late, but I too commend him 100% for the respect he laid out in the concession

perris said:
it seems he didn't even have to worry about reelection his first four years...that a man can do to Amerca what he did, and yet get reelected...it is dumbfounding

I retire for the night\\g'night everybody

god bless
I couldn't agree more... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back