The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ste_w, Jun 21, 2002.

1. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Hi

I am currently thinking of purchasing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and i am wondering is it realy worth it, i have read all the problems such as 15- frames on a geforce4 ti4600 on there website is this true?

I have Ge-force3
    AMD ATHLON 1.41GhZ
    512 RAM
    WINDOWS XP

Can someone with roughly the same specs as me who owns the game tell me what the games like and how it runs?

Thanx from ste

2. Ice-Box

Ice-Box Guest

I have a 1GHz Athlon with 256MBs of PC2100 DDR RAM and a PCI TNT2 M64 Ultra 32MBs video card. I get at least 1, maybe 2 FPS. Once, I got up to 3 fps. Seriously though, Direct3D can blow me.

3. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Yeah bro the game is epic (why single player beats me??:confused: ) and yes it crawls, like a snail with a groin injury. Even when you run it seems like your walking and dont even attempt to walk.....

4. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Not worth the buy then?

5. dreaddy

dreaddy Guest

I Occasionaly go below 20 fps with my current rig. This mostly happens when you set the 'distance' to maximum and run thru a busy area with a breathtaking view.

This game is magnificent. Easy in, easy out gameplay.

Controls used to feel a little sluggish. I think that was done to emphasis my characters low level. As I gained experience it got much better. Most notably in my jumping, running and fighting skills.

6. toxicity

toxicity Guest

i think the gameplay is good. i have a GeForce2, 1.7Ghz. game runs smooth for me. if u get the no-cd patch, game performance is much better

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team