the best part of reputation button

noooo all your rep is belonging to me! :p

/looks around cautiosuly for an admin...

<----- GIVE ME REPS!!

:D

NetRyder said:
Well then, that must be fixed. ;)
+125
The pointless rep giving for things unconcerned with good posts is what has ruined the system

:rolleyes: :eek: :lick:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 90
Khayman said:
The pointless rep giving for things unconcerned with good posts is what has ruined the system
I don't ever give out points uselessly. The points I gave EP were given for a reason...I hit the max in 24 hours mark last time, and I couldn't give them to him. It was a rep raincheck of sorts. :D

who cares about the rep system anyway...

Henymans picture sums it up quite well

"Gimmie Rep!"

looks like an endless circle. we are dealing with members with 80+ power exchanges

those reps going to a few members in a circle grows and grows.

for me i like helping people with their computer problems and I value a newbies 1 rep point and comment of "thanks for your help" much more. The admins could try to find posts made by new members looking for help and reward the members who have offered quality advice to the new member who only has 1 or 5 points to reward. the admins could compensate for them and pass along credit to the members that go the extra mile to encourage a warm feeling and intice more quality posts :)

there should be a point color scheme.

green numbers- helping others
Orange numbers - friendship meter
Red numbers - negative feedback

mine would look like this

Now to compliment the numbers you could create a badge system and display a cool emblem to show that this member has whatever level of skills

show your love :p

Egghead

true, this is more lower class cheap sucking :p

If it's here then it's definitely lower class. :p

well said egghead for that brilliant reply about the rep points,they do seem to be going around in a very tight circle.all we need next to our user names is ,when we joined forum and what level of computing skills we have got ,and not get numbers building up next to our names for passing sometimes stupid commets about not things computing etc.this was a rumblings of an older (in age)member of this forum .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back