The ban for assault weapons ends tonight at midnight!

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
The Ban for assault weopons ends tonight at midnight .. There are nineteen guns in the category. They will officially be legal. Congress is doing to nothing to stop this either ..

More info can be found here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132184,00.html

This is sad .. Very sad .. I agree with the right to bare arms, but to be lagally owning a ak47 is not good ..

Johnny said:
The Ban for assault weopons ends tonight at midnight .. There are nineteen guns in the category. They will officially be legal. Congress is doing to nothing to stop this either ..

More info can be found here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132184,00.html

This is sad .. Very sad .. I agree with the right to bare arms, but to be lagally owning a ak47 is not good ..

not heard about this :) , not exactly a good idea really :eek:

yeah it is shameful that they ban assault weapons since they are used in less that 1% of crimes. Yet I can still by a hand gun and I have to wait 10 days (only 5 days if I have already registered a weapons before) Pffft.... priorities.

I don't mind owning an Kalashnikov...used to :p

If you investigate, you'll see the ban didn't do much as far as lower crime, and all the gun manufacturers had to do was a little cosmetic tweaking and the guns were good to go. Does it really matter if you have one 30 rd magazine or 3 10 rd ones? You're going to do the same amount of damage. I don't see military style rifles as demons. If you're going to blow someones head off, you'll do it with whatever is handy, an AK, a .303, or your trusty pump 12 guage(my defensive weapon of choice). Legally owning an AK is ok, it usually means you're a law-abiding citizen. Criminals don't usually go down to the local gun shop and register their weapons, and they'll get them regardless.

Lucky sods, not allowed any form of automatic weapon here in England :(
Was nice living in SA, and having a dad in the army...

*Shakes head in bewilderment*
Sometimes I just feel so lucky I'm not an American.

No offence guys.

Zedric said:

No offence guys.
was waiting for someone to start this.... never fails.

Zedric said:

No offence guys.
Well, at least he said "no offence" !

PseudoKiller said:
was waiting for someone to start this.... never fails.
There's always one that will say something like that.Doesn't matter where you live,guns are everywhere.
Everyday over here you hear on the news about someone being shot and injured or killed.

ThePatriot said:
Well, at least he said "no offence" !
I wasnt offended... just not surprised. Seems that when someone is in dissagreement with something in the USA it becomes a question of being an American and not just about whatever is mentioned. As if being an American is defined by the ability to own an assult weapon.

PseudoKiller said:
yeah it is shameful that they ban assault weapons since they are used in less that 1% of crimes. Yet I can still by a hand gun and I have to wait 10 days (only 5 days if I have already registered a weapons before) Pffft.... priorities.

Lol...Excellent thought! I applaud :D

Good find on the news story, Johnny.

Unleashed said:
Lucky sods, not allowed any form of automatic weapon here in England :(
Was nice living in SA, and having a dad in the army...

Well you obviously have never been to Stamford Hill, Hackney, Homerton, Brixton, Peckham, Deptford or New cross then, they are standard issue amongst the criminals there.

Be careful out there people it's an evil World!

PseudoKiller said:
I wasnt offended... just not surprised. Seems that when someone is in dissagreement with something in the USA it becomes a question of being an American and not just about whatever is mentioned. As if being an American is defined by the ability to own an assult weapon.
I know, I was just joking...I forgot to put the :p character in. You are SO correct in your last sentence. I love being stereotyped...it makes my whole day! :D

ThePatriot said:
Criminals don't usually go down to the local gun shop and register their weapons, and they'll get them regardless.

No...they steal them from those that do.

Teddy said:
No...they steal them from those that do.
I can't justify that being a reason to ban them. Realistically, they'll get them no matter what. See Lee's post above.

I didn't think of it the way you guys put it. I guess in the case of thinking that way. It won't be that bad. I am curious to see how the NRA feels about it ..

okay now they legalized those sorts of things over there you know who the rest of the workd wants you to go use them on I trust :D

Have fun with your new toys (just dont blow your fence to pieces with the other half around)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back