The 26 Unsigned Bands Marketing Blitz!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
So I finally got the site online, now it's down to promoting the site for public attention and finding bands who might be interested in taking part. You guys basically are my online community -- the most posts I've had on any other forum is about 180. :) I feel very supported here and I'd love to have you guys take part in promoting the site.

I've come up with what you could call a referral program, but it's really just something I'm offering to you guys, a couple of close friends and my two brothers. :) I want help in spreading the word, but I want to give an incentive to anyone willing to help. (Derek, here's where your interest peaks!) ;)

The Incentive
$50 goes to anyone who gets a band to sign up
$100 goes to anyone who gets a 2nd band to sign up as well

Scenarios
Here's how this might play out...

1) Derek tells a band he knows about 26 Unsigned Bands. They check it out and purchase a letter. Derek gets $50.

2) Dave blogs about 26 Unsigned Bands and someone he knows reads about it, checks it out and purchases a letter. Dave gets $50.

3) Matt uses a signature (such as mine) on some other forums he visits (shame on you!) :p Somebody on one of those forums sees his sig, checks out the site and purchases a letter. Matt gets $50.

So, anybody interested?

OK, just a quicjk question, because you mentioned Dave, I am assuming you mean Speedy, Will this work across the pond? Are you dgoing to be promoting bands form England, to American record companies or vice versa?

Or does it matter if the bands you sign up are for Angkor Watt?

Other than that, I get everything else.

OK, just a quicjk question, because you mentioned Dave, I am assuming you mean Speedy, Will this work across the pond? Are you dgoing to be promoting bands form England, to American record companies or vice versa?

Or does it matter if the bands you sign up are for Angkor Watt?

Other than that, I get everything else.

Good question (yeah, I meant Speedy.) I don't care where the band is from. So long as the band sees value in this particular promotion, that's all that matters. I'm not sure that boundaries really exist when it comes to recording labels and the bands they sign.

Hmm not sure how I missed this - or maybe I read it and didn't know what it meant?

Would ponder changing my signature, but I like the current setup too much :smoker:

P.S. - Props for making me #1 :cool:

Hey, thanks for asking! :D

I've got two bands I'm talking with right now, hoping to have at least one up this next month. From there I'm going to start a contest involving 4 or 5 bands. I'll post back with more details once that gets closer. :)

Very exciting.

Not sure if you do have this already, but it would be neat if you had some type of news and RSS thingy on your site so people could track it :D

Very exciting.

Not sure if you do have this already, but it would be neat if you had some type of news and RSS thingy on your site so people could track it :D

Have you seen the blog page? :laugh:

Apparently Not?

But you apparently don't have the news in your blog anyways that you just posted, so pppffffttt :lick: :p

Yeah, I've been extremely distracted with a project I've been working on. Once that is done (soon, I think), I'll be able to focus more time to the bands site. There is an RSS and Feedburner feed setup for the blog, so there are tons of ways to track it. :)

Bah, I would have dugg it but I have to sign up to login.

Good luck though Muzi, and nice idea X ;)

Thanks, X! :D

Rep coming when I can give you more. ;)

come on kc, it's not that hard - they just want your username, email and password {credit card, ss number, windows product id :laugh: }

Have you tried purchasing ads? Some of the bigger advertisers (Adsense, TLA) are giving free ad money at the moment. :)

Great news! 26 Unsigned Bands has its first band listed! "E" is for Ethan Durelle -- a rock/punk band from Texas. These guys are really talented and I'm excited to have them on the website. I've had a few bands show interest that I honestly didn't think too much of, so it's good to have (what I consider) real talent to start off the listing.

The "referral program" I wrote about originally still stands, so if anyone knows a band that might be interested then let me know. I still plan on starting a contest in the coming months -- been a bit busier than I originally expected so some things have been put on hold, but they're starting to pick-up again so we'll see what happens next! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back