TF2 Achievements fast! (w/bots)

Petros

Thief IV
Take advantage of this before they plug the hole, but you can get your TF2 achievements largely with bots.

1. Start your own server, preferably with one of the handful of achievement maps.
  2. Bring down the console, type "sv_cheats 1".
  3. Introduce all the bots you want, usually just medics and scouts until you get to the specific ones that need demomen, engineers, and pyros. For all the bot commands, check out the TF2wiki.
  4. After all the bots are in, go "sv_cheats 0" in the console, because you can't get achievements if cheats are on. The only useful bot commands that are going to work now are bot_mimic and bot_mimic_yaw_offset.
  5. Type "retry" in the console, so your server now registers the sv_cheats 0 command properly.
  6. Achieve away! Remember, some achievements require you to die before you get them.

whats your in game name so i can ban you from joining my servers ;)

no one likes a cheat !

I got mine on proper servers with proper players. :)

I don't understand why people would want to do this, takes all the fun out of it.

I don't understand why people would want to do this, takes all the fun out of it.

It would take all the fun out of it for you. It only took part of the fun out of it for me.

Valve introduced new weapons. Valve introduced new achievements. Then, for some stupid reason, they tied them together. A lot of us are not hardcore players who will grind to get gear. If I wanted to grind, I would have re-activated my WoW account. In a game I bought with the expectation that I could just pick up and play now wants me to jump through hoops and sometimes do things that are counter-productive (uber a heavy so he can punch people?) just so you can access a little more content.

Yes, it was my choice to skip the achievements to get the unlocks, but it was not my choice to own a game where you have to grind any amount for gear. I love achievements about as much as anyone else, but I refuse to be forced to get them just so I can have a weapon they were planning on giving to me anyway.

Solution:
Give all players the new weapons on patch day and let hardcore grinders get the achievements; just don't bind one to the other.

GoNzO said:
whats your in game name so i can ban you from joining my servers ;)

no one likes a cheat !
That's a little bit harsh to declare me a cheat. I have never seen through a wall, I have never had a script aim for me, I have never used packet altering programs to do who-knows-what. I play in servers legitimately at all times. I didn't want to grind for gear and want to help others skip it as well. This will never effect a single other person in their enjoyment of the game, which is why we block cheats in the first place.

You would allow people using scripts and macros on your server; they are just console commands, same as mine. I don't even use those, plus they affect another player's experience. Showing up with an ubersaw won't bother anyone.

Last edited:
i know m8, but when you work for game server provider you tend to play by the rules and lose custom when people get glitchers, exploiter, cheats and hackers on there servers, and as far as im concernd you fall into the same class as those :)

a few good rounds on TF2 and those new weapons soon become yours !

Besides, were you playing medic before Petros?

The only good thing I have is the uber-saw and the new gun :D

i know m8, but when you work for game server provider you tend to play by the rules and lose custom when people get glitchers, exploiter, cheats and hackers on there servers, and as far as im concernd you fall into the same class as those :)

a few good rounds on TF2 and those new weapons soon become yours !

How would you ever know that anyone glitched or exploited? If they earned their stuff on a private server and just showed up on your server properly armed, how is that hurting anyone else? Nobody even knows. it's not like WoW where you're wrecking the economy or ruining PvP. Do you kick everyone with an ubersaw because they might have used bots to do it?

People who use scripts hurt other people's experiences far worse than me having weapons I'm supposed to have anyway.

How would you ever know that anyone glitched or exploited? If they earned their stuff on a private server and just showed up on your server properly armed, how is that hurting anyone else? Nobody even knows. it's not like WoW where you're wrecking the economy or ruining PvP. Do you kick everyone with an ubersaw because they might have used bots to do it?

People who use scripts hurt other people's experiences far worse than me having weapons I'm supposed to have anyway.

Correction, weapons you are supposed to EARN :)

You can very easily go to an achievements server or a regular game server and simply work with people to get to a goal. Note, I said people, on a public server, not bots or anything of that nature :D

It is for this reason that people who have gained some of these achievements through scripts or bots do not deserve the weapons.

If this was something everyone should have had, everyone would already have it. I have probably had more fun working with other players to get some of the achievements than simply going out and winning a round in TF2, and this was part of the purpose.

So, there is nothing wrong with you proposing the bots thinger, until Valve shuts that down, but at the same time, understand why others may not exactly condone that behavior.

Now get on a server I am on later today and let's frag :smoker:

It would take all the fun out of it for you. It only took part of the fun out of it for me.

Valve introduced new weapons. Valve introduced new achievements. Then, for some stupid reason, they tied them together. A lot of us are not hardcore players who will grind to get gear. If I wanted to grind, I would have re-activated my WoW account. In a game I bought with the expectation that I could just pick up and play now wants me to jump through hoops and sometimes do things that are counter-productive (uber a heavy so he can punch people?) just so you can access a little more content.

You bring up a good point, and I understand that now. I might not agree with the action for various reason, but I'm willing to understand where you are coming from and the premise. Valve definitely did not make it 'casual' friendly by taking this route, so I can see the motivation.

You bring up a good point, and I understand that now. I might not agree with the action for various reason, but I'm willing to understand where you are coming from and the premise. Valve definitely did not make it 'casual' friendly by taking this route, so I can see the motivation.

I can appreciate that, and I can appreciate others' views as well. People have a different view of what is and isn't fun. While some people are thrilled with the changes, a lesser (but still very significant) number are like me and do not like fundamental changes in gameplay mechanics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back