Test Drive Unlimited

Two compressions and a small camera later my voice sounds weird. :D

But that is what I get when I play. I have now tried it without the controller and 7.6 drivers, tried at stock and overcloked, with 100% fan speed and not, lower resolution, no eye candy, medium eye candy, game forced eye candy, driver forced eye candy.

Been banned by Atarti''s forum, three times. Ordered a dual core processor to arrive this week, cleaned my system software and dusted, and still no results.

Please, I beg that EVERYONE go and sign the petition, it takes no time, and you make no mistake, you WILL be playing alone shortly if nothing is done by Atari.

I don't have any issues with the game. My specs are no secret :)

Swap my dual core for a quad core and you have my recommended specs for a high end gaming machine thats happy with XP, Vista 32 bit and Vista 64bit.

The only other thing I can say is perhaps you need to reformat and get rid of some redundant junk on the rig.

None of my OGL games were working after I installed a particular applications. Straight crashes. Couldn't figure it out and it was bugging me.

Formatted, everything works just fine now :)

Believe me, if MY rig can run it, any other ATi/AMD based rig should be able to handle it fine. Nvidia also has made a lot of strides and many of the people I meet online are using nvidia cards.

I agree with Sazar - I lost my XP install on Sunday afternoon (silly google desktop went rogue and trashed parts of the registry and windows in terms of the permissions) but I found that too my suprise after the basic driver installs, Overlord worked about 30% faster than it had done with the old setup, even with Norton 2007 reinstalled.

Wed night I am going to do a clean wipe and install. 7.6's new sound driver, with dual core. XP Pro home to pro hack.

I have been banned and pissed off for the last time. I am taking the game back for credit. And I am never going to buy a Atari game again.

I had a conversation with a mod that was deleted and all my postings about consumer rights were deleted. I was banned again. I posted that they had the optionto ban without reason, and a mod denied that would happen. It just did. Then the evidence was removed. A few still caught it.

But no more game for me. I will spend my money with another company.

Honestly Steevo, if I was a mod @ the atari forums, I would have banned you everytime as well.

And heck, I would ban you again just for re-registering there after initially banning you, regardless of if you are a mod or admin or whatever else at other forums.

Just because you are or have been does not give you entitlement.

Atari, if there is some kind of lawsuit coming out, deserves it. Your way of bashing them on their forums is not the way to do it.

Dear all

Patch #1 will be released on Monday 16th July. Patch notes will be posted in the forum soon.

We apologise for the delay, and we hope the patch will make your gaming experience more enjoyable.

And we have an official release date.

Atari's release dates are highly prone to slipping. They make Microsoft look early.

And we have nothing. No patch release notes, no patch.

I had my lawyer call and talk to the manager at gamestop. They WILL give me my money back, not just store credit. It cost more to have him call and talk than the game did, not to mention the website, time and energy. But it is the principal of the matter.

There are a few hours left in the day.

About 22hrs and change to be precise if you are on Central Time :)

Patch 1.66a, the same one we were told NOT to install. Exactly the same.

Only part of the issues fixed. Hundreds of raging customers, and a bunch more bans for people asking why they are being ****ed over.

I'm glad it works well for those it works for, I again for one am tired of the bull****. Hope there are enough players around to make it fun. I am getting some other game tonight I believe.

I LOVE this patch :D

Performance improvement appears to be on the books. It feels a little smoother in some graphics intensive segments where I had a slightly higher FPS drop before (I am sure running HDR + AA is not helping :D )

The audio has been tweaked a little bit and it sounds great :) I can hear planes flying overhead if they are low enough and ambient sounds when I zip past at high speeds.

Car's engine noises have been tweaked. I have heard some people complaining but honestly, I don't know what the complaints are about. The audio has been tweaked, it seems, in a directional manner. You hear the sounds from where they are coming. It's fabulous on my headsets :D

The Skyline and RS4 drive like a dream. Running them stock, I am anhillating a lot of the "records" I had with my previous E and D class cars, although I think my stage 3 Maserati will take my stock RS4 in some events.

The Skyline in particular is an absolute joy to drive :) Slides out nicely when doing a power slide through a corner, easy to bring back under control. A lot less mild-mannered when tuned and I really was hoping it would have higher specs with a stage 3 jobbie but its plenty good enough.

Also, I am not sure if it's just me not playing for a couple of weeks (and starting from scratch) but it looks like the island scenery may have been updated a little bit.

By the way I installed this patch on a 100% fresh install so I am starting from scratch (like I said I would :D )

Did I mention just how much I LOVE the new cars :D

TDU rocks !!!

I LOVE THIS CAR :D

The skyline friggin ROCKS :D

I have completed races with better times with this car than several B and C level cars.

And it sounds so nice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twEK2cAXbU

Short video of the start of the "king of hairpins" or whatever it's called section.

I'll post a longer video once I purchase Fraps :)

I LOVE that level. It's so awesome to be able to finally finish it all out in an E class car :)

Before, it was a chore with the Mustang and the 350Z. The Skyline just handles so well and I can keep the bugger up at 7.5/8k rpm all day long :D

Notice the little wobble near the end of the video? Quick snap of the steering wheel, a little tap here, a little less gas there and blam, right back under control and barely any loss of time. Gotta love the sucker :D

And it sounds divine :)

Ok, I reinstalled my system. Installed the newest drivers. Applied the patch. The game actually started now, but guess what? It locked up, so I had to do a hard reset. I am so disappointed. I went through the trouble of reinstalling, only to get bubkus. Thanks Atari!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back