Terminal Services Client in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Nailz, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Nailz

Nailz Guest

Isn't XP Pro supposed to have come with a Terminal Services Client? Aside from Remote Desktop that is. I can't seem to find it (even after a google search).

I have 2 servers (1 NT 4.0 and 1 Win2000 Advanced) with Terminal Services running that I'm trying to connect to, yet have this little roadblock.

I tried to ADD/REMOVE Windows Components from the Control Panel, but Terminal Services doesn't appear as checkable (meaning I cannot click on the check box).

Any ideas? Clues? Suggestions? Links?

Thanks

2. Rootz

Rootz Guest

Remote Desktop is XP's terminal services client, it works the same way as the old TSClient, also better for it supports full screen mode and all keyboard shortcuts.
    This is what you get with WinXP and it comes preinstalled and cannot be removed.
    If you want to use the old 2000 teminal services client you can install it over XP from W2K Server CD-Rom or terminal server network share (TSClient).
    No problem using both clients on XP.

3. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

xp comes with Remote Desktop. Terminal services client is the same thing as Remote Desktop. They both use the same protocol and are interchangeable.

oDin.

4. Rootz

Rootz Guest

right