Temperature question??

Originally posted by slayer[X]
I think none.
BTW what front? Can you describe where it is?(Near the hdd or the cd-rom or something?)

Front, like facing the direction of where the power button is, cd-rom, that front. Should be one at the bottom of the case.

look at the attched pic, see the fan at the bottom of the front of the case. You really need one there.

Uh-oh.....

I dont have one like that(if you mean the dragon looking thingy), BUT, my case has 2 holes for a front fan.
There isn't any installed at the moment.

Not to worry i'm gonna buy one right away!!!:p

3 actually.
2 fans and 1 thermaltake volcano 9 coolmod!!

make sure you google a guide on cleaning the crap off the cpu from the cheepo heatsink it had on, and tripple check its fitted ok, dont want you voiding the warranty on the new pc mate :)

Not to worry. I wont do it myself. I'm gonna let the pro's do it.
Thanks to all!:)

Ok. Just bought 2 80mm fans for the front. (no Thermaltake)sob...
My temps are: (when idle)

CPU: 46C
Mboard: 36C

Are they good enough??

Oh and another question.
Could you suggest anything about my airflow?

2 80mm Front Fans: Blows in Air
1 80mm Side Fans: Blows in Air

2 80mm Back Fans (mid section and lower section of PC): Blows out Air.

1 Fan from Power Supply: Blows out Air.

*EDIT*
One of the fans blowing out.(near the vid card) is a vid card cooler.
oohhhh....:eek:

Well idealy, you want 1 exaust fan somewhere near the top of the case to extract hot air that rises. (attached is a pic of 1 of my exaust fans.) Most of the newer PSU's have a dual fan, one fan inside the case above the CPU and one outside the case in the back blowing PSU heat out. (see pic below)

http://www.antec-inc.com/images/160/true430.jpg

I would think getting more air out is the way to go , if your room temp is rather high ( you live in a hot country ) I would be inclined to want more air going out , dont worry about air getting in it will find its way in but get the heat produced by the cpu, vid card, and psu out as much as possible.

Just my 2 cents :)

Originally posted by Kermit
I would think getting more air out is the way to go , if your room temp is rather high ( you live in a hot country ) I would be inclined to want more air going out , dont worry about air getting in it will find its way in but get the heat produced by the cpu, vid card, and psu out as much as possible.

Just my 2 cents :)

Well you really need to maintain a ballance between exaust and intake. Too much of one or the other will result in a positive case pressure (too much intake) or negitive case pressure (too much exaust). You want to try and avoid either of these conditions as the air is stalled inside the case in both these events, which will actually make the air hotter.

well u knocked nearly 30 deg C off the CPU adding those front fans, thats a normal tempreture range now, congrats mate.

i wouldnt overclock though, your ambient tempreture is just too high, you really want a long winded RMA claim cus you overclocked to get a completly unoticable 5% gain out of your PC, voiding all warrantys and leaving you with a pile of brand new scrap metal. i think not ;)

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well you really need to maintain a ballance between exaust and intake. Too much of one or the other will result in a positive case pressure (too much intake) or negitive case pressure (too much exaust). You want to try and avoid either of these conditions as the air is stalled inside the case in both these events, which will actually make the air hotter.

Sure but as I said AIR will always find a way in its not like he built his puter in a fidge or a safe :rolleyes:

And by dropping 30 notches I would say you good to go

congrats :)

I think i'll just forget about o'clocking it.(for the meantime):)

Oh and when my PC is fully loaded (playing games and stuff etc..)
the temps are between 52-53C. No more, no less.:p

My PC is near my "turbo power 3d electric fan". That should cool it off when it gets too hot.:D

Thanks for your suggestions!!
Happy New Year!!

thats good, don't want it climbing more than 10 deg C under load, or thats a sign the heatsinks crap :)

Sorry I forgot to say.

So you are saying that I keep my current airflow config?
Or do I change it?

Here in the philippines, the temps are between 36C-39C (between noon and before night)
And at 30-36C (at night till early morning)

keep it, you got what i would class as a perfect airflow now, without the front fans there was a dead air space, hence the 70 deg C you had at 1st. :)

I think you got the 70 deg C all wrong GoNzo.
MBM 5 was reading the temps all wrong. (58C was the default w/o the front fans)

I also got MBM to read the temps right now.
Forgot:
Case temps is at 35-36C(idle) and 41-42C(fully loaded)

oh i thought mabey it was reading the die temp instead of the socket temp's my mistake :)

most new boards have 2 CPU readings, internal/external. ;)

What do you mean 2 CPU readings??
What is die temp??
Can you give me some examples??
(Might be used in my college studies. Im taking ComSci and ComEng)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back