Temp Folder

T

tengcm

Ok, maybe the question is quite silly but i really wanna know.

C:\Documents and Settings\User nama\Local Settings\Temp

Is it free to trash the files in temp folder ???

Thanks

u can delte all the files in there that it will let u. i sometimes find 1 or 2 wont delete but all the rest r fine,there just crap xp stores such as tempary word files etc.

Yes, of course it is. But if you've just installed a program wait until you reboot - sometimes programs need the files they put in your temp folder to complete the installation on the next boot.

So turn off those automated temp file cleaners or you'll find out what allan is talking about. :eek:

here's the easiest way to bring up this folder;

widows key+r

paste this in

%temp%.

sweet

Posted by dealer
here's the easiest way to bring up this folder;

widows key+r

paste this in

%temp%.

sweet

that is sweet

you can also change it's location as well
My Computer / properties / advanced
environment variables

:cool:

Posted by TwoZigzagColt45
you can also change it's location as well
My Computer / properties / advanced
environment variables

2z, you suggested moving this file a while ago, and I just got around to it...excellant tip, having easy access to this file.

It's one of the latest posts in the favorite tweaks thread.

I also show how to actually save flash animations, and gifs that have no right click option to save on that last post.

I put the folder in my desktop, then made the icon transeparent, for securitys sake

anyway, another way to move the file is;

tools, internet options, settings, move

Posted by dealer
anyway, another way to move the file is;

tools, internet options, settings, move
That changes they Temporary Internet Folder, not the default system Temp folder. TwoZ is correct, the way to do that is in Environment Variables.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back