Technology Survey

Ci2e

XPert
I am a college student doing a term paper on "Technology, Is it a good thing?"

If you are a kind soul or just someone that wants to have a little fun and would like to help a struggling college student, please answer these 5 questions. I only ask that you answer honestly wether it be good or bad.

1) What field are you currently in?
2) How has technology affected your workplace?
3) How has technology affected your personal life and recreation?
4) What do you think our world would be like without the current technology?
5) What do you think it would have been like if we had the technology of today, 50 years ago?

Thanks for your cooperation ahead of time ;)

Originally posted by CiRe

5) What do you think it would have been like if we had the technology of today, 50 years ago?
Quick answers:
1)Golf Course Operations
2)Irrigation System is controlled by intricate software. Information on turf diseases and chemicals is more easily accessible. Easier contact with others in the field.
3)I finally cut down my television viewing. I am seeing things that I might not otherwise.
4)I think we would be just fine. Maybe a little more relaxed.
5)The imagination runs wild. Full automation of every day tasks.

Currently I own a computer repair and tutoring business.

Without it I'd be flipping burgers, probably over a woodstove.

I met my current Girlfriend online, and I spend a lot of time researching current software and hardware issues online..probably 60% of my time is online and the other 40% is split between TV,Movies and Sleeping.

A lot like the 60's

Probably living on Mars and flying cars.

Originally posted by CiRe
I am a college student doing a term paper on "Technology, Is it a good thing?"

If you are a kind soul or just someone that wants to have a little fun and would like to help a struggling college student, please answer these 5 questions. I only ask that you answer honestly wether it be good or bad.

Thanks for your cooperation ahead of time :)

Ok here goes...
1. Currently I'm a Lead Computer Operator. Been in this field for about 20 years.

2. Without technology I wouldn't have a job or would be working in a field that only pays minimum wage.

3. I don't do as many things out doors as I used to :(

4. Families would be families, they would spend more time with each other...talking, playing, enjoying each other.

5. Hmmm, the realm of possiblities is so great...living on the moon maybe, another planet. Anything would be possible.

1. Run my own computer repair business. Have done for about 4 years.

2. Apart from providing the job, Not a lot ;)

3. Can't imagine life without the odd blast, and how did we manage without the internet ?

4. Quieter and not so much advertising !!

5. Impossible to answer

1) I'm a student, I don't work - I drink.
2) Made it possible to do a technology degree.
3) Counter-strike pwns m3.
4) I would be a pro fisherman or rock climber or in the army.
5) It prob would have been like today but with those crazy hairdos that they had 50 years ago.

- Webmaster for an educational textbook/internet publisher.

- It's my first job i can also do at home.

- I used to go to the beach during a heat wave. ;)

- Not much differend.

- Something like Isaac Asimov wrote about, 50 years ago.

1) In-HomePC Repair (self-employed) & Network Administration (for a private elemenary school)

2) It has greatly affected the school. Students are taught computers twice a week, the school has gone from going report cards and record keeping by hand to computer-based systems.

3) It has affected my personal life my making a lot of things easier, like writing and researching school assignments, and communitcating with family that lives far away.

4) I have actually become very dependent on technology. I have terrible handwriting and type a lot of correspondence and homework. I would fail math class without my $150 graphing calculator.

5) I wasn't around 50 years ago and i wouldnt know

JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back