TB Santa Cruz + ECS D6VAA + XP = Winamp skipping

J

Jeeves

Anyone else have this combo of hardware? I have had the Santa Cruz card on my old KT7A-R before I went dual p3 on my new QUIET rig, yet the Santa Cruz likes making my music skip!

Hm. When I first installed XP, I got blue screens of XP death saying IRQ errors when I had my Santa Cruz in the first PCI slot right below my spiffy new Radeon 8500 agp... so I moved it to the PCI second slot, and now the system is stable but winamp skips with hard drive accessing times... hmph!

I have the latest Via 4-in-1's, the PCI latency patch, newest highpoint drivers for the raid ports... nothing seems to fix it! Also I have tried setting the buffer up in Winamp, but that don't fix it either.

I am about to rip out all of my other pci cards and test the santa cruz on every pci slot, and see if it might just be the 2nd slot making it skip... hm. Any other suggestions?

-J

PS: I love talking about my Santa Cruz when I do live in Santa Cruz, CA as well. =)

first off

try a different player other than winamp and see if it does it still.
winamp might have issues on ur system, if it does it in other players, try getting the latest drivers for your soundcard, as well
as that spiffy new ati vid card. it has been known to mess with sound.make sure you have the latest bios for your mobo. and if you have onboard sound on the mobo u need to disable it. and are you on a raid? if it skips during hd seeking, somthing is not right with the raid setup that is if ur on raid.

also, iforgot

check the winamp options for like the direct sound, wave, ect...
try the different setups, it might be buggin with its current audio
config.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back