TaskSwitchXP - great free Alt+Tab replacement

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NetRyder, Feb 19, 2005.

1. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Been using this app for a long time, but a new build was released a few days ago, and it added a whole lot of new stuff.

If you've used and liked the Microsoft Alt+Tab replacement Powertoy before, you'll really appreciate this. It's much more customizable and very responsive, and the new version supports transparency and fade effects if that's your thing.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Site: http://taskswitchxp.sourceforge.net
    Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=115098&package_id=124697

I'm using the 2.0 beta. It's very stable, so don't worry about it not being a final build. :)

Edit: Another great little addition to the beta build is instance switching. Let's say you have several Word documents open, a browser window, some IM windows etc, and you only want to switch between the Word documents. While focused on one of the documents, you can just use a key combo (I use Alt+1, since the 1 key is so close to Tab), to switch between just the MS Word instances. Very handy.

2. Lukas

Lukas Real Name No Gimmicks

Heyyy, this is a pretty kewl app...

thnx man.. goes perfectly with my visual style...

3. NetRyder

Yeah, it adapts to the visual style, so it should go well with most of them.
    Glad you found it useful. :)

4. Weasel

Weasel Define 'Cynical'

Nifty find. I've been using the powertoy alt+tab replacement on the xp machines at home. Think I'll give this a try.

5. NetRyder

Just a suggestion to anyone trying it out - take a look at all the available options. There's a lot of stuff you can customize to fit your preferences. :)

6. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

nice, im using it now. :D

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

nice net, i thought the microsoftone was amazing, so im taking ur word that this is better, cant wait till its downloaded!:D

8. NetRyder

Wow! I just saw this post on the TaskSwitchXP forums. There are some amazing things you can do with shortcut keys while you're in Alt+Tab mode. Read this and try them out. :eek:

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i honestly cant remember all of those, i find it better if i find them out on my own so they stick in my mind, i tried to rep u net, but i have to rep some other people first, so ill be reping u soon i love the program Thanks mate!

10. NetRyder

Yeah, you obviously won't be able to remember all of them. :D
    Some of the more commonly used ones are pretty easy to remember (for example, F4 for close application etc.). Once you start using them more often, you'll remember them automatically. They're extremely handy though.

11. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Read about this on your site a while ago. Looks like a great app. :)