taskbar question

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by wassup_ken, Apr 14, 2002.

1. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

i made a new taskbar with some icons and stuff, and i want to know if there is any way (or any program) that can remove the title & border from it, check the attachemnt (this is the original, the reply is what i want) thanks!

2. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

heres what i want it to be (removed border)

3. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

it would involve alittle html but you could do it with the active desktop.

4. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

ok, thanks, maybe i'll turn on active desktop and fiddle with it a bit

5. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

any idea how to do it with active desktop & html?

6. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

create a webpage (html file) and place somewhere on you hd. Then desktop.. properties..desktop...customize desktop button..web tab..new button... then point it to your html file you created..

once you get it where you want it... then check the lock check box.. and the window will disappear.

Hope this helps!

I expect to see a pic when done..hehehe :D

Tek!

7. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

ok, thanks, i'll try that

8. npfanz

npfanz Guest

There's a program that will kind of do what you are wanting, its actually very functional but I have no desire to take the time to learn how to work with it. Maybe you will:

http://www.windowspowerpro.com

I don't know if this is easier than html, maybe something to look into though.

9. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

ok, i'll try it, thanks, and pc_tek, do u know how to link to a file or a program? i link to the mirc.exe file and it tries to download it

10. EMPIRETANK

EMPIRETANK Guest

maybe.....

you use file:// then the file name where it is found on your harddrive i believe... i might be wrong

11. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

it automatically puts that in front of the file, but when i click the link the file just tries to download
    if i try a file without an extension (a shortcut) it says page can't be displayed, if i try a file with an extension (.exe, .vbs) it tries to download it

12. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

I think there is a way to do it like empire mentioned but i am not for sure exactly.

I have linked .exe files in html before. i did it in probably the strangest way possible though. the way i did it was make a bogus file extention like .zzz and associate it with whatever program. then in html whenever i clicked it, it would open that program. i did this because in html, .exe. files like to download. Like i said that is probably the strangest way to do it, but it worked.

Im sure there are easier ways.

Tek!

13. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

i'll try that, thanks
    nope, it still wants to download a .zzz file! =(

14. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

choose open from current location and check the box to not ask again =)

15. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

ok, with windows power pro (or whatever that prog is called) how do i make large icons? i got a button with a link to the file, but i want a large icon, thanks