Taskbar doesnt keep my height setting?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by thepunkerguy, Mar 28, 2005.

1. thepunkerguy

thepunkerguy OSNN Junior Addict

Ok, here is my question.. I like having my taskbar at double the normal height.. but my problem is that when i restart my computer it always reverts back to single height and i have to set it each time i boot up.. does anyone know how to fix this or where in the registry the taskbar height is located?? I have tried locking the taskbar and everything... it just wont stick!
    - Mike

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Are you using any themes or visual styles? That might be doing it. Mine is set the same & gives me no problems although I do run styles.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I have used a double height taskbar for sometime and i have have found that certain visual styles will reset the taskbar height at startup. Its damn annoying and has made me reject many themes

4. thepunkerguy

I used to work for me.. but i dont remember when it exactly stoped working. And it doesnt work on any of my themes... not even the default XP Themes.. errrr.. there has got to be a registry entry or something for it
    - Mike

5. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Is it locked? (may be silly question, you've prolly tried that)

Try disabling theme service, and rebooting - see if it resets it. If it doesn't, you know it's the theme that's knocking it back to default.

6. skizo

skizo OSNN Addict

Thats what I was gonna say. Locking it well....locks it. It makes it so that no changes can be made.

7. thepunkerguy

I tried the theme thing, didnt fix it.. and i have tried locking it and unlocking it a bazillion times.. each reboot its back to single height
    - Mike