System Restore

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Hipster Doofus, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What's the go with system restore? I've just done a clean install about a week ago & yesterday I go to use system restore & it won't do it. It says 'unable to restore your system'. I tried two restore points.
    It is on. Suppose to be monitoring changes. Has plenty of free disk space. I can manually make backups. But when I go to restore it is unable to do so. Is there a patch I've missed? What's the go?

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

All right,this seems like the appropriate thread. Not an answer, but a question to whomever reads this thread. How do I delete old restore points? Where are they kept?

3. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

to clear all restore points bar the last 1 - right click on c/drive - properties - disk cleanup - more options - system restore cleanup OK

4. skytop

skytop Guest

To resolve some System Restore issues, open System Restore and and go to "System Restore Settings." Click the Turn off option. You will lose all restore points. Shut down your machine and then restart. Go back to Sys Rest and settings. Turn it back on and create new restore point. That should work.

BTW, if you are running a High Point RAID system, the hptpro.sys file is causing this kind of Sys Restore conflict/problem. The file may be deleted to resolve this problem without any negative effect on the RAID system.

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Thanks. Not running any RAID. I'll try that & see how it goes......or doesn't. :eek: