System Restore Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by joeenyc, Jan 5, 2002.

1. joeenyc

joeenyc Guest

Hello All,
    I am running Windows XP (home edition) and suddenly the System Restore feature has stopped working. (NOTE: I will try and attach a screen print of pg. 2 of the wizard to this post).

Anyway, the two month calendar format has disappeared from the wizard. This has been replaced by a box, the same size as one of the calendars stating that there are no available restore dates.

However, when I first get to page two of the wizard, there is a small debug window that reads as follows: A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug ? Line 212, Error: 'calgrid' is undefined. .

Whether I reply yes or no makes no difference and the same window keeps popping up for 5 to 10 times.

Finally, I have done two "dirty" installs of the operating system (ie: did not format) and each time, System Restore looks correct for one view and then it is corrupt again.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks....

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Are you having any bsod errors? If so, what are the error codes. If you're having problems in any other area of your system it could be the problems are related. Check your drive for errors after each reboot several times and see what you see. If you're getting drive corruption errors regularly then it may be a hardware combatibility issue.