System restore not complete

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Christiaanl, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Christiaanl

Christiaanl Guest

I did a system restore. After restarting the I get an error message stating that system installation is incomplete, and that I should setup again. When I click OK it tries restarting, and I get the same message, etc. What can I do to solve this? (It's an HP Pavilion, XP was preinstalled)

Thanks!

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Were you supplied with A "recovery" disk or a genuine winXP disk?

and have you tried using F8 during bootup to select last known good configuration?

3. Christiaanl

Christiaanl Guest

I didn't get a recovery disk or original disks.I did try F8, last good configuration, but that didn't help...(if I remember correctly I got an additional message, something about a password or so, it disappeared after a while)

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Wait...so HP did not give you a XP disk or a system recovery disk? if that is true you really need to get in contact with them because that is a essential part of the system you might need now and then...or in this case now!

5. Christiaanl

Christiaanl Guest

Despite the lack of a recovery disk, it seems the problem was fixed by pressing F10. This seemed to start system restore again, and after that the system was up and running again..... Is this an XP function, an HP feature, or mere coincidence? Anyway, thanks for the advice.