System Information shows me wrong info about RAM

Octopus

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have 640 as a total,but System Information says that I have 128MB as a total physical memory and 382MB as available physical memory!

2x 256MB plus 2x 64MB
do you think I should remove the two sticks of 64MB?
other programs show 640MB as a total..like Aida or Sandra

What does it say in system properties/general? Right click my computer/properties/.

If the bios & other progarms see the lot stick with it all.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
What does it say in system properties/general? Right click my computer/properties/.

If the bios & other progarms see the lot stick with it all.

shows 640MB....also System Information won't work unless I use the batch file that I downloaded to make it run..otherwise Help and Support apppears instead

just out of curiosity, i ran System Information cuz i never have before. it tells me i have 512mb total system memory with 608mb free! :D

i know for a fact i have 768mb total and task manager verifies this. don't trust System Information. it must just be looking at the first two banks. and since you have rdram (right?), that would be your first 2 slots.

Originally posted by taurus
since you have rdram (right?), that would be your first 2 slots.

seems logical but when I had 4x 64MB it was reading it as 256MB in total.
thanks anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back