System hangs after boot up!?

Impulse4life

Windows Perfectionist
Hey Guys,

I've noticed that ever since I have had my computer, what happens is the system hangs after its booted up. From a cold start my computer will boot in about 25-30 seconds max but after windows is loaded it takes an entire 1 minute & 15 seconds later before I can actually use it!! Why is this? I think it has something to do with my lan cand because when my computer is connected to a router its perfectly fine. But just my internet (log in type) or no internet at all, it hangs the computer after it boots up! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :cool:

Well mention your ops (operating system) please.

do this first, my computer>right click your hard drive (usually c)>properties>tools>error checking>check now>check 'Automatically fix file system errors'>start, then click accept yes then reboot.

Then we can check other things.

just off the top of my head, I think your computer may be searching for an IP while it is unuseable. When it's connected to the router, it gets it no problem.

Make sure the DHCP and/or DNS is set up right

dreamliner77 said:
just off the top of my head, I think your computer may be searching for an IP while it is unuseable. When it's connected to the router, it gets it no problem.

Yes, thats exactly whats happening. But is there anything I can do about that? Or just live with it

And how would I go about doing that Khayman?

assign an ip by right clicking and properties on the network card icon in network connections.
in the connection properties click tcp/ip and properties, assign an ip like 192.168.1.33

I got that problem when I was too agressive dissabling services...try looking ionto what you've dissabled...also your workstation service set to auto probably adds to the issue...set that to manual

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back