Synch problem with SVHS output

F

Faner

I'm having this problem with my GeForce 3 Ti 200 graphics card. I use my SVHS output to view whatever on a television screen. However, last time I updated my graphics drivers to NVidia Detonator drivers 21.81, there is a synchout on the tv. I can view everything perfectly on to the point where I get to the login screen. Here, it synchs out and just flickers, as if I'd had to high resolution or frame rate. I know this is not the case since the card is automatically supposed to switch itself to 800x600 and the right refresh rate. However, if I press F8 before XP starts, I can choose the 8-bit colors option, and that way, it works... But, I don't want that, since everything look like s**t... Anyone has any ideas... Have tried going back to old drivers, and new ones, didn't work...

what happens when you're viewing with a monitor and switch to tv-out? does it sync out right then or only when you try to boot with tv-out?

okay, i just hooked up an s-video connection to my tv to try to reproduce your problem and i can't get tv-out to work at all. i haven't messed with it in probably a year... before i had even winxp. it worked perfectly before with 98se... but no longer?

it detects my tv and i select it and hit apply, it flickers once on the tv and my monitor is still on... asking if i want to keep the changes..? of course, if i hit yes or no it makes no difference.

sorry, faner.. i can't help you. can someone help US?

i have 29.42 drivers... is someone gonna tell me to try different ones?

oh, but hey... I've been there too... Easily fixed though (I hope) Just disconnect the screen entirely and go with the TV alone. Then it detects the tv and doesn't send a signal on the screen connector. (at least, that was what happended on my last GF2 card once)

Does it work any better?

yeah, that works... sort of.

i can get tv-out to work if i boot up with my tv connected and monitor disconnected... but then i'm stuck at 800x600x16 colors.

any help, anyone?

Well, is it even possible to use more than 800x600x16 on a TV? I don't think so... Never managed to, and never heard that it would anyway.

Anyone, please?

<<<<< 800 x 600 x 32 - not much of a difference
very disappointed with the drivers capabilities - had to go through all my games & lower the settings to get clone view to work :mad:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the relevance... Clearify plz :)

zigzag: i meant 16-COLOR which is 4-BIT... 16,777,216 colors = 32-bit

faner: yes, 1024x768 is possible with tv-out... but it depends on the encoder on your video card. some have better encoders which allow for 1024x768, which is the highest i've seen for tv-out.

update on my problem...

turns out that if you have a refresh rate fix installed, then you can't output to a tv normally with full colors and driver support. i just learned this.

First, you are using a 3rd party program, arent you? Dont go to the display options and select the tv there, ph33r, dowloand TvTool, it will make your life much easier.
And be sure you have the right "mode" (PAL etc).
And if you have the picture in your motitor and in tv, your monitor has to do less than 50Hz, are you sure yours is capable to it?

And I did use TVtool but... no no, that's not at all the problem. The problem is that I can no longer get into Windows without using 8-bit mode in the (F8) start menu. I start up without a monitor installed, only the tv. But what you suggested surely fixes that problem :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back