Swapping video cards...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Emeritus, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Emeritus

Emeritus Guest

What is the easiest way to swap video cards in Windows XP Home Edition? Under 98SE its easy, but, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut way to unload existing drivers in XP, to prepare for the new video card. BTW, I am upgrading from a Voodoo 5 5500 to a Leadtek GeForce Ti4600. Just out of curiousity, was the Leadtek a good choice?

2. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

yeah.

3. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

i use the add/remove programs to uninstall old nvidia drivers

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

or you can use the device manager to update the driver...

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Either one of those will do, device manager; or ADD/Remove. Both work just fine to remove those drivers.

And yes; I think you made a good choice going with that card; I think you are going to very much enjoy it; a lot more then that Voodoo 5.

6. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Its a great card I love mine. As to removing the old drivers, first look in add remove programs and remove anything that has to do with the old card, then got to the device manager and do the same.

If you are running a slipstreamed install of XP you may have some problems installing the leadtek drivers.

7. Emeritus

Emeritus Guest

Thanks for the responses, everyone. As for the XP installation I have, it's just a normal install. I should be receiving the card next week!!! WOO HOO!!!