svchost Network Services

M

MyBigToe

this file is running as a network service and stopping me from using any program on my internet conection

any idea how to disble it at boot?

Here are a few things I found in a quick search. If you want more info or this isn't enough, try searching or just wait for someone else to respond

Here

Here

Here

:)

thankyou, but yeah.. doesnt help.. thanks none the less for trying

i used tasklist /svc and its the one with DNSCache next to its name thats using up the cpu

If disabling is what you want to do to the svchost, then go into services.msc and view properties and diable it or set it to manual. But before doing so, you NEED this service. When clicking on the svchost properties, click on the dependencies tab and see what all that service depends on or needs to have to run. I dont think your problem lies with the svchost personally as I always have 4 running, 2 systems, 1 network and 1 local. I am not running ICS or ICF, no proxies or DHCP.

hope this helps

well i have no idea, but when i end the process
im able to use my connection, but what could be the prob then?

I am not an expert but could you give more info? Do you have an antivirus program? Have you run it? Do you use a firewall when connecting to the internet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back