Suspend, hibernate probs

V

Veneficus

Hi all,

I know there are other posts relating to suspend and hibernate problems, but none of the solutions there help me. Of course, maybe I haven't seen all the posts on the subject.

Anyway, here's my hibernation problem. When I resume, I get this BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP 0x0000007A (0xC03CB204, 0xC000000E, 0xF2C81B66, 0x1C66B860) and it gives me random .sys files as the causes.

I read info about that STOP error, and it had something to do with the page file, so I tried disabling it and that didn't help.

I have all the Windows Updates and I have the latest drivers for most of my stuff.

The same thing used to happen when I tried resuming from Suspend, but after I installed some Windows Updates, it started doing something else: I get a black screen with the mouse cursor frozen on it, then after a few secs the login screen appears, then after a few more secs that screen disappears and I'm left once again with a black screen and a frozen cursor.

Any help would be appreciated!

System info

Hehe, forgot to say what kind of system I have...

-WinXP
-Athlon XP 2100+
-ASUS A7V333 (VIA chipset, USB 2.0)
-512MB DDR333 CL2.0 RAM
-GeForce2 Ti

which .sys files is it giving. Also can you give more detail of your computer, like sound card, CD ROM and other things like that

More Info

I remember a few times it gave win32k.sys and ntfs.sys.
The sound card is internal (C-Media CMI8738 6 channel).
I have a CryberDrive CW058D CDRW and a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202. Realtek RTL8139 NIC as reported by Windows (which is Professional Edition, btw). KDS Visual Sensations monitor. 80GB HDD, either Seagate or Western Digital, forgot.

Contact me at:
-AIM (HexaDudeX)
-ICQ (66024232)

if you use YIM or MSN Messenger, or to send me an offline message in AIM, you can contact me through my bot TeraBotX - www.terabotx.tk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back