Suspend, hibernate probs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Veneficus, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Veneficus

Veneficus Guest

Hi all,

I know there are other posts relating to suspend and hibernate problems, but none of the solutions there help me. Of course, maybe I haven't seen all the posts on the subject.

Anyway, here's my hibernation problem. When I resume, I get this BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP 0x0000007A (0xC03CB204, 0xC000000E, 0xF2C81B66, 0x1C66B860) and it gives me random .sys files as the causes.

I read info about that STOP error, and it had something to do with the page file, so I tried disabling it and that didn't help.

I have all the Windows Updates and I have the latest drivers for most of my stuff.

The same thing used to happen when I tried resuming from Suspend, but after I installed some Windows Updates, it started doing something else: I get a black screen with the mouse cursor frozen on it, then after a few secs the login screen appears, then after a few more secs that screen disappears and I'm left once again with a black screen and a frozen cursor.

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Veneficus

Veneficus Guest

System info

Hehe, forgot to say what kind of system I have...

-Athlon XP 2100+
    -ASUS A7V333 (VIA chipset, USB 2.0)
    -512MB DDR333 CL2.0 RAM
    -GeForce2 Ti
  3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

United Kingdom
    which .sys files is it giving. Also can you give more detail of your computer, like sound card, CD ROM and other things like that
  4. Veneficus

Veneficus Guest

More Info

I remember a few times it gave win32k.sys and ntfs.sys.
    The sound card is internal (C-Media CMI8738 6 channel).
    I have a CryberDrive CW058D CDRW and a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202. Realtek RTL8139 NIC as reported by Windows (which is Professional Edition, btw). KDS Visual Sensations monitor. 80GB HDD, either Seagate or Western Digital, forgot.

Contact me at:
    -AIM (HexaDudeX)
    -ICQ (66024232)

if you use YIM or MSN Messenger, or to send me an offline message in AIM, you can contact me through my bot TeraBotX -