SupraExpress 56i Pro V CC V.92 modem connection problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ssting, Dec 31, 2001.

1. ssting

ssting Guest

I have an Xp o/s built for me buy Scan computers UK using the above modem and have no other complaints other than it takes me 3-4 attempts to connect. It always comes up "dialling " and then either hangs ( and if I cancel just will not let me dial until it gives up) or if it dials first time I get a ppp error message....
    ..It eventually get's me on line ( or I would not be here now ). But... It is annoying. ...The company who built my system had it back and thought they fixed it but did't say how ( amateurs with money .I suppose? )... but it is still giving me grief..........and yes I tried loads of different settings but no joy...
    any ideas ?

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Have you tried removing the DUN connection and reinstalling it?

3. ssting

ssting Guest

Dun ? hey I am new to this ...........

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Dial up networking. Go to Control Panel> Network Connections. Your DUN account should be there.... delete that puppy AFTER you have all your settings written down and make a new one. This has cured more dial-up problems then penicillin has cured, well, you know.

5. ssting

ssting Guest

I have rewritten my username & password and isp account more times than the bible has been published if that's what you mean ...excuse my ignorance if not.

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

yeah that's the stuff, just delete that DUN account that i pointed you too and make it all new and shiny. Hopefully that will fix you up.

7. ssting

ssting Guest

Nothing seems to be working with this Prob.
    I rewrote the DUN account to no avail.
    Sometimes it connects 1st time, next time I use it I get an error mess. Saying "connection failed because modem or other connecting device is out of order".then after 3 goes at redialing it gets there.
    I have checked wiring etc.......
    Weird or what:
    confused: