super duper laptop mode

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
how long have I been on a laptop?

never new there was a mode that said "max battery life" (or is this new in power management?)...I wonder how much extra time this will give me.

processor clocks down to about 800 mhz, lap goes into standby in about a minute if idle.

I also notice desktop mode, and always on...always on, the processor clocks up to a little more then spec.

in general, the performance differance seems quite large.

Never used a laptop that hasn't had power saving functionality. Even my ancient Libretto 70ct has it (approaching 10 years old).

Max battery life has been on laptop profiles for quite a long time. All it does really, is to lower power consumption by making the screen go into standby mode after about 1 or 2mins, reduce the backlight to minimum, put the fan on quiet mode as well as reducing the cpu speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back