Suggestions

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Jason2k1, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

Hey everyone!

My friend has just designed a site for his squash club and i just wanted your opinions and suggestions on anyhting thats wrong with it.

http://www.mwhite.karoo.net/

I personally think that he needs a consistant menu system throughout the site, and he shud lose all them fancy effects on page enter n exit, n a few other things. What do you think?

Thanks

Jason

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

the ideas there, but yeah get rid of all the text slide effects, they just get annoying and you will loose visitors, as they might not want to return

3. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

is this evidence to prove to your mate hes a total failure. what id like change is the pictures are blurry and dull they need a seesion in the photoshop:blink: and them flyiin/out effects are dodgy get rid of them for somein like a fade in or out thatll be less scarey when it transitions:)

4. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

Well yeh, i don't really like the site too much, n i told him what i thought was wrong and could be improved, but he wouldn't listen, so i decided that he might listen to other people and make some changes so i asked you guys. Anything else you thinks wrong wiv it?

5. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

He should have a link to the "Squash Club House."...;)

6. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

Whats "Squash Club house"? A website? if so ill pass the link on if you have the address.

7. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

No. He should make a page known as the "Squash Club House" and have a link to it from the front page. He can post/discuss anything he wants in it. Sorta a hang-out for squash players...:)

8. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

you mean like a forum availble to members only or sumthing like that, thats a goodd idea, but i dont think his server supports any scripting languages

9. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Gaaah! Begone! No offence, but that site is horrible. And the coding is pretty scary too.

1. Moving flashy thing. Take it away.
    2. Javascript errors as soon as I click anything.
    3. Links and motion don't work in Mozilla and Opera because of the way it's coded. That's bad. And pointless.

Sorry for the harsh words, but I wouldn't visit that site more than once. I pretty sure I'm not the only one.

If he fixes the above mistakes I'll take a look at the details, like the menu you mensioned.

10. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

ya need to keep the pic of this chick no matter what he does to the site. [​IMG]:p :p

11. 3005

3005 Guest

U pieces of ****ed up **** know jack all about how to design a website. That great squash website by that genious boy has been undermined by you all all and you should be ashamed. As a first attempt it is good and I agree could be improved but don't be such tight *******s and give him a chance.

12. jumpy

jumpy Guest

You don't seriously believe that is an example good web design do you? We are just giving pointers like the thread starter asked us for. The site doesn't even work in Opera, limiting a fair few users, the photos are crap quality, there are annoying moving thingys across the screen. Yeah, its alright for his first try but we're just giving some pointers. Not a good first post on ntfs 3005.

13. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

heh...

14. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

phwoar nice ass baby definately keeps this pic :happy:

15. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

the geezer has to accept criticism form potential users it happens in everyday life no matter what you do.

so he can either cry himself to sleep every nite or get his finger out of his ass and strart improving. thats how all things are done

16. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

specific critisism is always good and should be accepted.
    things like "that ____ on the left is a bit too big, it looks out of place" or whatever is a help. obviously if someone posted "its crap" then that could be taken badly.

All i see in the posts before mine are people legitematly responding to the initial post.

And by the way, 3005 flaming is against the forum rules, please take more care in what you write in your next post.

17. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

hey if he wants to see some of our own work that we have done, then look in our sigs and stuff.

mine
    currently not workin in mozilla and opera correctly (workin on that) and the domain isnt sorted out at the mo either, but its the rest of it. Look at it as some of my credentials.