Suggestions Wanted

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hey All,

I recently lost my collection of downloads. I'm trying to restore most of em myself, I had an older backup but lost recent things. However trying to remember all the files I had is hard, this is where I hope you guys can help.

I'm looking for any suggestion for utilities or programs you use. Stuff to repair things (like WinSock fix) or to help optimize things.

Thanks,
Mike

I have a really good "Installs List" or programs used. Some might not be apropriate, as in you know. If you want the list, I'll send it too you.

Bman™ said:
I have a really good "Installs List" or programs used. Some might not be apropriate, as in you know. If you want the list, I'll send it too you.
Or you could post it, which is what he's asking for :p

well if you insist...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would seriously consider editing that picture post, since something on there looks not legal

WindowBlinds 5 & Crack

haha, too funny. users against piracy - sick em!

Bman™ said:
As was my point, of not posting it....
Nothing wrong with posting it - but someone who claims to be into graphic design should be handier with the crop tool ;)

yea I was lazy, I fixed it abit (and that file is really the only one "not uh payed for lol" I keep copies of everything on computer just in case.

I really think it depends on how you use things. As they say, different strokes for different folks.

One could make a case for Registry Cleaners, but there is a big debate if those are even worth using.

Some of the things I could suggest which don't seem to be listed are these:

Ccleaner
Diskeeper (or similar)
Norton Ghost (or similar)
Hijackthis

Set most things to auto-update, especially Windows. I recommend using Microsoft Update rather than Windows Update, this way you get Office and Windows updates downloaded/installed automatically.

Safe computing is always good as well ;)

For tweaks and such, probably visit that thread.

All I use is Crapcleaner, ad aware, Reg Seeker, and Windows Defender; along with the windows firewall. Now if you are talking about others ??

Well, err, umm: This is just a sample. I don't have that much installed, I only install what I know I will use.

µTorrent
Access 2003
Ad-Aware SE
Ashampoo Burning Suite 6.0
BibleWorks 6
CCleaner
Windows Defender
Directory Lister
Dreamweaver
EasyBoot
Excel 2003
File Share Pro
Fireworks
flashfxp
FlipAlbum
foobar
HTMLPad
ImgBurn
Logo Creator
Messenger 8 Beta
dbPowerAMp MusicConverter
Paint.NET
PE Builder
Photoshop
PowerPoint 2003
Publisher 2003
Reatogo-X-PE
RegSeeker
sunbird
SureThing Cd Labeler
Tag&Rename
Trillian
UltraFxp
UltraISO
Winamp CD Case
Word 2003

As a note: I have a bartpe cd made up also, it consist of True Image and Disk Director. As well as some other things

Yea, I don't think uTorrent was on my list, oops that one is important!

It's really not, as he was looking for applications to keep the computer running smoothly and efficiently ;)

He didn't really state clearly one or the other. Either way, uTorrent is good.

Update

Ok I think I have a good selection of Utilities. Some are from your suggestion, some I remembered.

Here's what I have:
  • Autoplay Repair Wizard
  • DCOMbob
  • Dead Pixel Buddy 2.0
  • Default Browser
  • HiJack this
  • Itty Bitty Process Manager
  • Shoot the Messenger
  • Unplug n Pray
  • Winsock Repair

of course I have things like
  • CCleaner
  • uTorrent

Please don't tell me that's your startmenu, holy crap man lol

Hello bro,

Try to use PC Inspector file recovery software
It alomost recover files after formetting the system also.

I think it may help you.

No use now, I've written the the drive. Besides I've gotten most of it back from an older copy I had on my external, I just had to update a few things.

I think I got most of it back. It's much more organized now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back