Suddenly No DRAM detected

neve1064

OSNN Junior Addict
All of a sudden my computer stoped dead after about 5 minutes of being on. Powered it up again and noticed several fans weren't working and got these long beeps in an endless loop. Nothing showed up on the monitor. Looked that Beep up in the manual for the MOBO and it says that beep BIOS code means no DRAM is installed or detected. I Bought a new PSU and the other fans work now but still no DRAM detected. So did the failing PSU screw something up?

ASUS P4B 266C MOBO

It might matter which fans?... it also might matter how long power was applied without them?.... Last but not least do you have another machine to check your memory sticks in - how many memory sticks involved? Do give them a visual, if any suspect contacts swab with isopropyl alcohol, then reinstall them (possibly in different slots if available).

And post back with more information on the three things I mentioned.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I think I remember the only fans not working were side fans but the CPU heatsink fan was working. I am pretty sure. I thought the BIOS had a CPU temperature warning auto shut off anyway!? I don't have another machine to checl out this DIMM (164 pin) RAM chip. I unplugged everything from the MOBO (removed all PCI cards, IDE cables, Memory chip) and the result was the same. I switched Memory slots and still no difference.

Are you thinking it's the CPU that got fried? Mobo or Memory chip?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back