Subscription Questions

I'm starting to like multiple badges.

Madmatt, you should start folding :)

Forgot about the subscription thing. Will have to do it.

No folding for me...

Last edited:
Re: Advert Free subscription question

Electronic Punk said:
...Paypal NOCHEX Worldpay Authorize.Net 2Checkout Moneybookers are options.

errr - are they? I only get a PayPal button - and that is an issue for me (I do realise I am in the minority here) Let me know if the situation will change, when you have a moment.

Also confused by the 2Checkout and other services - these are retailer oriented rather than consumer - yeah YOU can set them up as ways for ME to pay, and I hoep you may - I can see for that one you'd be parting with with a one time $50 bucks, than again if you get four more people like me you just broke even....

Just lemme know - maybe I'll remain unbadged and advertised, so to speak, your call really.

Thats what vbulletin supports but I don't think I am on all the other options.

so.... if PayPal is the only option online - can I bung you a cheque in the post? Or somehow make a contribution to the site that amounts to the same remuneration (EG - have Lord PayPal you on my behalf?).

Awkward, aren't I?

Why can't you just use PayPal ... you don't need an account, just a CC? (unless it's different for subscribing here?).

Now in a similar environment as madmatt, I may also support this feature...

SPeedY_B said:
Why can't you just use PayPal ... you don't need an account, just a CC? (unless it's different for subscribing here?).
this afternoon I may test this theory... Having had an account which I have closed I was under the impression I could not do this - but I shall "suck it and see"

I'll look into the other options if you like, which is the easiest to use?

HMMMmmm Speedy was nearly right... the next Paypal processing appears to take a card - but then with both my (valid) VISA cards I get the message
"We were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. To proceed with checkout, please verify the information you entered is correct or try a different card."
And I am not going to keep trying with other cards....

As for which of those to look into EP, why not see the one that works best from your end rather than worry about me - I'll sure enough give you feedback as your first customer! I think I have only used Worldpay before out of those, but my memory might be playing tricks so don;t let that decide you....

MFG-

I just sent EP $10USD for you, this way you can be a subscriber. I have been tracking this thread a little bit, and I have to admire your dedication to both this topic and the forum as a whole. I understand that it's something you want to do, so I did it.

Call it a late christmas gift, and before anyone else asks, Santa has completed his rounds :p

EP, I sent the payment to electronicpunk at osnn dot net

I checked in PayPal first, and that appears to be your account. If not, please let me know ASAP and I will cancel and re-send the payment to the proper account. My payment came from obviously my name, address of djrmcsa at gmail dot com, with a message in the body of Subscription for MFG.

:)

Yeah, I try to be a nice guy sometimes.

It's only a few bucks, and he's a great guy. Bottom line is, it supports OSNN :)

Besides, since I'm a News Poster I get the badge for free, so I want to share the wealth :)

I did talk to EP over IM about it, I'm sure he'll get the badge added for MFG when he gets a chance :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back