stylexp/iconpackager and sp2

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by apu95, Aug 7, 2004.

1. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

im gonna download SP2 today but i just realized that im running stylexp as well as iconpackager to change the appearance of my OS.
    can i install sp2 safely without worrying of a system crash cuz of these two progs?
    i know that stylexp works with some versions of sp2, so which one works with the final version which was RTM yesterday?

thx!
    Apu

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

just get the theme dll patcher supports sp2, and then kill windows file proctection, u have to use a hex editor, ill get u the link, then u dont have to use any program its lighter on the pc on recourses since its using it normally instead of a program getting it done

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

4. apu95

i dont feel comfortable killing the WFP, plus, hex editing? the program makes it a lot simpler, and it doesnt take up that many resources cuz u can make it not run.

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

trust me its still running, under processes, and i used to use stylexp and trust me it is heavy on recourses compared to the method i do now

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i use icon packager, but when i get back im ganna just change the dll, to match my theme, even though its a good program, sometimes it screws up, even on sp1 not 2

7. apu95

so in that link u gave me, does the sp1 hex section work for sp2? or does the sp2 have a different hex section?

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

well its the same, cuz i upgraded my laptop to sp2 after having done this, and its not complaining

9. gillmacca

gillmacca Macca

If it is still running under processes, then they must have found a way to not have it listed under processes

10. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i dont know maybe its closed, but when i told it dont start up, and i closed the tray icon it was still in processes