stupidity update: Netflix suing Blockbuster

lancer said:
netflix are just scammers, the longer you have an account with them, the longer they take to actually send you out a movie.

I eventually just started reporting all my movies lost then they automatically sent out my new ones much faster, eventually CS contacted me and i told them why i was doing it, now we get out movies in a couple of days instead of the 7 days it was taking before.

It's not how long you have an account with netflix that determines your priority in recieving movies, it's the turnaroud time between your rentals. The more frequently you rent/return movies, the lower you go in priority. For example, someone that has been with netflix for 2 years but only averages 1 or two rentals a month will have a higher priority than someone that has been with netflix for 3 months but rents/returns 10 movies every month.

The throttling has been well documented in many places over the web.. like: here,here,and here

edit: and while Blockbuster might claim they don't throttle either, if you look at their Terms and Conditions they state that
When product is not available to satisfy all subscribers, BLOCKBUSTER Online determines product allocation among members, taking into consideration several factors. Subscribers who have previously not received the full number of DVDs allowed out by their plan, which could happen because the subscriber either had no available movies or no movies at all in his or her queue, or due to technical problems, are given higher priority. We also consider average queue position of the movies the subscriber previously received, with priority being given to those whose rentals have been in a lower position in their queue (for example, a subscriber who recently received his or her fourth or fifth choice may get a higher priority than someone who recently received their first choice).
it sure sounds like they throttle

in conclusion its all BS, so **** em i'll continue to report my dvd's lost if need be and get them sooner. more than one way to skin a cat (do we even do that anymore :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back