Stupid Lizard Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Somehow, a while back i got the lizard edition or whatever of linux... It took over my laptop, thus i redid the HDD...
I tried to have dual operating systems but when the start up happened it went straight into linux no options :(
That turned me off of linux forever...

Just because you have problems one time, dosen't mean you should give up right?

No,
I gave up and i wont try again...
It royaly messed up my computer...
I had to loose important stuff

hahaha, that is the same as saying Windows took over my computer. I had Linux running, and I installed Windows, and it took over my computer, no options, nothing to go back to my beloved Linux.

Give me a break. If you are going to whine and cry about it, please do it elsewhere, unless you are asking for help fixing it, or need help trying again, don't post about giving up just because it did not work as you expected immediatly.

X-Istence said:
hahaha, that is the same as saying Windows took over my computer. I had Linux running, and I installed Windows, and it took over my computer, no options, nothing to go back to my beloved Linux.

Give me a break. If you are going to whine and cry about it, please do it elsewhere, unless you are asking for help fixing it, or need help trying again, don't post about giving up just because it did not work as you expected immediatly.

hahah. You lost a Linux install X? - I kid, I know that didn't happen lol.

How the.... in any case, I agree. Why not keep this thread alive, and figure out how to properly dual boot?

I bet we already have a thread in here somewhere on it.

I'm not sure if I just got lucky, but I installed Linux on my second drive...restarted and it askes me which system to boot to each time. Never had to change anything, never had problems. Is this lucky, or what?

I always here people having problems, but I never did?

Boy,
I offended someone here...
Whatever i don't really care...
This was on my laptop so it only had 1 drive, thus both operating systems were on the same hdd...
And No i did not delete the windows partition

Mastershakes said:
hahah. You lost a Linux install X? - I kid, I know that didn't happen lol.

It would rather be the other way around, in which case I was happy the other never came back :p

As for Vanquished, your choice was as simple as getting a proper MBR bootloader installed, or starting the Windows XP recovery CD, and having it write a new MBR to the drive, after which you would get your Windows back, and lose your Linux.

I'll bet that the disc someone gave me had a problem with it...
The person who gave it too me hates me...

The "disc" didn't have any problems with it. It was probably an older distro that didn't detect and add Windows to the bootloader. Most newer versions do this automatically, as Bman experienced.

Like X said, solving the problem was just a matter of adding Windows to the bootloader, or overwriting it with NTLDR using the XP Recovery Console. One simple query on your favorite search engine would have told you that...

Eh Whatever, i dont really care anymore i guess...

I had that problem waay back in 2000 with Linux Mandrake, but back then the tools for partitioning hard drives in the linux setup weren't as mature as they are now. So your 'while back' does that extend to 6 years? BTW I am assuming by the lizard comment that you were trying SuSE linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back