Stupid: How do i make partitions?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mindgam3r, Feb 24, 2002.

1. mindgam3r

mindgam3r Guest

i'm fairly sure you can do it w/o having to buy a 3rd party app, but i could be wrong, could anyone either direct me to directions on how to and/or tell me. any help would be appreciated. thx in advance.

2. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

You can just download an app or partition the drive permanantly when you format I think...

3. mindgam3r

mindgam3r Guest

what app?

can you give me an example of an app to do this or how to do it permanently when i format? i want to further organize all my crap, but i haven't messed w/partitioning. plus, microsoft website is complete crap(big surprise). thx in advance

4. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

5. mindgam3r

mindgam3r Guest

excellent!

perfect, thanks so much!

6. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

I don't recommend you do a permanent partition because once you do it, you can't go back. Partition Magic seems to work well for most people...

7. mindgam3r

mindgam3r Guest

$$$

jeez PM is expensive, guess i'll have to go 'buy' it off morpheus;) thx again.

8. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

lol...I guess you can find a hack for it...

9. mindgam3r

mindgam3r Guest

maybe

we'll see. i'm kinda broke right now, so i don't have a choice. but oh well, i'll do waht i can. thx again

10. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Good Luck! :)

11. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Guest

mindgam3r
    here is the url for instructions on Norton Ghost:
    http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_1.htm

If you download and install PM 7, there is a PDF file that gives you instructions on how to parition. I used it myself and it was a piece of cake. It wont let or make you go wrong. Hope this helps.

cheezzzzie Weezzzzie:)