Stupid Apache! Directory listing problems.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have a directory on my D: drive called \path\to\directory. Apache2 is installed on my C: drive. What I want is to get a directory listing for D:\path\to\directory. I know that I can add a "Alias /directory "D:/path/to/directory/"", so that I can use http://localhost/directory.
So far so good, or is it? Because I get a 403 (Permission Denied) error everytime I go to the link. When I put a index.html file in that dir, Apache sends the index.html file to my browser. I can also put in a link to the index.html file, and I can download the file in that same dir ok.
When I create a directory in the htdocs folder (Apache root), I do see the dir listing. This only happens when creating a Alias symbolic link to another folder outside of the Apache root.

Please help me, and now that I am on the subject, does anyone know a simpler manual for Apache (2) than the one on Apache.org?

Added:
Code:
<Directory "D:/path/to/dir/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing +FoldersFirst
</Directory>

Now it works, after much googling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back