stuff to mess with people on a network

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tittles, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Hey i was wondering if there is anything i can get to like have things pop up and stuff on a network here at school? Like in the class nothing bad or anything but have it like pop up message or something. I know i can just go to remote connection and kick them off but thats getting old now.

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

I do believe there ia a DOS command - why not experiment?

Hint - it could be as simple as MSG /? ??!! ;)

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

net send <username> <message>

or

net send <machinename> <message>

I did it to a teacher once while they were teaching with their monitor display on a projector screen. I wasnt in the lesson, but I made a message popup saying "booooooring", think they talked to the class about it, they never found out it was me

4. LocKStocK

LocKStocK Smokin & Jokin

Haha, good 1 Geffy :p

5. maddoctor

maddoctor The Greek God ...... ;-)

Yeah, prety cool.There are some programs used as prunks if you want them, but antivirus often understands them as viruses.You can always use the winchat.exe (for windows xp) and "ring" to another person and talk to him.Both users must have activated the program in order to talk. Or you can use what the others said to you.... :D

6. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

The teachers probably thought someone hacked into their machine. lol :p

7. Tittles

for the net send thing i get the alias isnt found on the network. When i try the winchat i can see the people in the area i can pick to dial but of course they need to have the program open.

8. maddoctor

maddoctor The Greek God ...... ;-)

I believe this is what I have said...... :D

9. Tittles

i know :)...

10. koko

koko Got Root?

you may've mispelled the name of the computer you're trying to reach or it may not be turned on.

11. Tittles

its spelled right...i tried half the class guess its not turned on :(. O well

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

been there, done that ;)

13. Nick

Nick OSNN Lurker

An amusing prank, replace the default office templates with a template including a bit of vbscript. Remember to turn off vb security else you'll see warning messages before the script runs.

You can do various things with vb script such as pop up messages, or for more fun, replace every 10th character typed with a smiley or somtehing.

I did this to a suite of computers when I was at school and made it pop up a message to look like excel crashed on load and close itself. Kept the technicians amused :c)

Now I'm managing a network and I'd look to kill anyone who even thought about abusing my network! >:c}

As for net send - I got myself a ban from the computers for 2 weeks for sending a message to "*" saying something along the lines of "system warning, everybody log off and leave the building" :D

14. Tittles

lol...thats funny. Hmm...i really need to think of a prank to do but i cant find anything that works.