streaming w/ windows media 9

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_music_man, Oct 27, 2002.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

when i click on a link for streaming video on windows media player 9 the video will never play and it buffers too long and sometimes stays at the same %. I noticed this has been happening since i got windows 9. I've tried streaming video with quicktime and realone and those work fine.
  2. melty

melty Guest

I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM, and nobody helped...

lets BUMP this topic up!

3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Guest

I use Win Media 9 with no problems. But, lets face it is IS a beta version, so there will be bugs that need to be sorted out. Have you tried altering the options under "Performance" to set your connection speed and buffer amount?

It may not help, but it's a start.
  4. melty

melty Guest

My "network buffering" is greyed out... :(

5. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

I had the same prob. when I used 2800beta so I reinstalled and it worked fine.....then I reformated and installed and again same prob. with the 2800beta then I found a 2903version installed it and have not had one prob. infact it is really nice. full screen mode works diffrent and it has a couple more features!! so see if you can find it if not I may be able to find the installer;).
  6. melty

melty Guest

Where does one obtain this new 2903 version???

7. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

I got mine off of file connect don't know if it is going to still be there, but let me know and I will see what I can/can't do.

web site if you didn't know....

8. melty

melty Guest

I couldn't find it over there...

And also, I got a video to finally play, in a separate window, and it plays REALLY SLOW.

The audio is slow, and the video.

I have the NORMAL setting for video speed, so its not that... any info???

9. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

if you have msn messenger pm with your name and I will send it to you. If not then hit me up with an email that can hold the file(13mb):D