Strange MSN Messenger problem?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Impulse4life, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Impulse4life

Impulse4life Windows Perfectionist

I will be using my MSN without any problems at all, then all of a sudden it disconnects/signs me out, when meanwhile, I'm bwosing the internet without a problem, so I'm not losing connection that way. Then 60 seconds later, it re connects me automaticly perfectly fine. I dont undertand why this is happening to me, and it happens alot some days, and barely any other days. I have never ever had a problem with my MSN Messenger Service in the past. So far I have tryed was uninstalling the program, and then reinstalling it again. But that never seemed to work. I even contacted MSN help and that was just as usefull as asking the god dam cat. This problem is really ticking me off so I figured I would come to you guys to see what you had to say!

Here's a bit of extra info incase you want to know:

Frequency of the issue:

Where are you trying to connect from?
    Home LAN

Which Version of Messenger are you Running?

If you have a firewall, which one?
    Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall

Who is Your ISP?

Type of Internet connection:

Where did you get Messenger?
    Download from MSN

Which operating system are you using?: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

Which browser are you using: IE6

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Placerville, CA
    are you running bittorrent or any p2p apps? high bandwidth usage can make some routers/connections disconnect
  3. Impulse4life

Impulse4life Windows Perfectionist

Nope, not usually anyway. I've intentionally left the computer on after a fresh reset when Messenger running once to try that, and it still happens.
  4. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

It could just be the .net service having problems.